GT (+8.0) vs. #10 Virginia Tech

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

bos

Helluva Engineer
The better questions is why is he getting cramps in the first place? I know Gueye hasn't been playing too much this season, but at this point of the year he should be in better shape and properly hydrated.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
The better questions is why is he getting cramps in the first place? I know Gueye hasn't been playing too much this season, but at this point of the year he should be in better shape and properly hydrated.

:rolleyes:
This is comical. Cramps happen. Maybe he had a touch of this flu I had last week that made me feel like someone beat me with a pipe. Who knows. Last person I’m going to blame for referee stupidity is the player in pain. You can bet that if we had been on a fast break they would have blown the whistle

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
:rolleyes:
This is comical. Cramps happen. Maybe he had a touch of this flu I had last week that made me feel like someone beat me with a pipe. Who knows. Last person I’m going to blame for referee stupidity is the player in pain. You can bet that if we had been on a fast break they would have blown the whistle
As a distance Runner, I agree that cramps usually just happen. I have read up on them extensively trying to find a magic cure to prevent them, but there is no proven cause for them. There are many things people try that work for some people but not others. For me, hydration is irrelevant. It wasn't until I started taking High absorbency magnesium supplements that I was able to eliminate the majority of them. But that may not work for everybody. Drinking pickle juice is an old-fashioned remedy that seems to work for most people.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
there were a lot of chuckles in RTP area that Cam Johnson got cramps in their last game and the cure they used was pickle juice. Lot of jokes about why would Mount Olive help UNC when they have their own team.

Note Cam is in great shape and routinely plays heavy minutes for UNC - Unlike AD who I assume is in good shape but isn't used to the minutes he played the other day.

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
One can of V8 before a game. High potassium, high sodium. Take it from a guy who interrupted an ESPN broadcast so paramedics could attend to me for blacking out because of multi-muscle group cramping.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Officiating was questionable
Typically is when we play these teams with big name coaches that have been around for 40 years. It’s complete BS man...fouls are fouls, unless it’s Boeheim or Krysydufeuiroriiwjenzcbdhhwuski on the other bench...then it’s the, “they’re really letting them play” narrative.

All in all, tonight it wasn’t that bad, but there were several times where I was screaming at the TV because of some missed call. I guess I always look at it through gold colored lenses though...

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
Huh? Sounds like a good story. Let’s hear it.
College tourney in Palm Springs. Hot as hell. Drinking each night of 3 day tourney, games all day. Make it to semis, get rolled by Kent Steffes’ team (Karch Kiraly beach partner for those who know) then do the brilliant thing, jump in a hot tub on the grounds of the tournament with a beer. Head to watch finals and both legs go petrified forest on me, all blood leaves brain, eyes roll back, paramedics roll in and shove salt packets and hot dogs in me, then an IV. Chris Marlow and Paul Sunderland go to commercial. Hamstrings have never been right since.

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow
I just re-watched the VT game on tape. I thought the officiating was bad when I saw it in person at the game, but man oh man, it was REALLY poorly called, and very anti-GT. Nothing we can do about it, of course, but more than ever I believe we win that game straight up, fairly called.

End of rant. Sorry to bring it up again.

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
I just re-watched the VT game on tape. I thought the officiating was bad when I saw it in person at the game, but man oh man, it was REALLY poorly called, and very anti-GT. Nothing we can do about it, of course, but more than ever I believe we win that game straight up, fairly called.

End of rant. Sorry to bring it up again.
I was so frustrated with the officiating that I had to change the channel to preserve my sanity.