GT (+4.5) vs Georgia

bass ackwards

Georgia Tech Fan
We have a bad habit of making some of the worst QBs look good. Eason is still a freshman and has a habit of staring down his intended receiver without looking anywhere else. Hopefully he doesn't learn any new tricks and hopefully his receivers don't learn how to catch. I think this game will be similar to last year in regards to offense on both sides. Hopefully we can bust a few big plays to give us the edge.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
If we allow Eason to throw check downs all day, I'll vomit. My suspicion is that I'll need the barf bag at the ready. They're going to hit that full back leaking out of the backfield at least 5 times to convert a third down. Even against Virginia, our nickel guy was lining 10 yards off the slot in clear third and mediums where you knew they were going to throw the ball just past the chains. This was in the wind, without much chance of getting beat deep, with a quarterback that led the world in interceptions last year. I don't get it.

You clearly just don't understand defense the way our defensive genius Roof does.

Foxyg

Jolly Good Fellow
You clearly just don't understand defense the way our defensive genius Roof does.

I'd forgotten about the Nauta the TE. I'm going to have nightmares about one of the austin twins giving up a solid 7 inches and 70 pounds, letting Nauta have a 10 yard cushion so that they can convert third down after third down.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Well if there is an OLine that can aid us in getting pressure it is definitely UGA's OLine. This game plan seems too much like right that Roof will find a way to out smart himself.

One thing I would like to do this wk that we mysteriously didn't do last week is matchup personnel. I'm almost 90% sure that we stayed in Nickel even when UVA brought on bigger bodies on the field

Your right, i kept wondering why we didn't bring in a 3rd linebacker on 1st and 2nd down

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I'd forgotten about the Nauta the TE. I'm going to have nightmares about one of the austin twins giving up a solid 7 inches and 70 pounds, letting Nauta have a 10 yard cushion so that they can convert third down after third down.

We need to have Gray covering the tightend, i can't understand why Roof won't tweak the scheme sometimes