GT (+3) vs. UGA

poodleface

Jolly Good Fellow
Duke had to come from behind to beat Virginia, NC State and Wake. But then they went blow for blow against Miami and held VT to 10 points at home. Who knows.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I am glad to hear the enthusiasm regarding a possible trip to the ACCCG. I quit posting on another board recently. One of the things that really chapped my A$$ was a prevailing attitude that they didn't even want to go to the game in fear of getting crushed by FSU. What kind of crazy nonsense is that from a fan base? Holy cow. Chances at conference championships only come along so often. When they come, you need to grab them. I don't care how steeply favored the opposition would be. As a former player and current coach, you have to embrace every challenge put before you. That is what it is all about. It is only really worth doing if it is difficult anyway. How satisfying was it rolling over A&M? I say bring on the Noles and see what we can get done. I absolutely refuse to harbor any fear of losing. Fear of losing IS for losers, end of story.

yellojello

Jolly Good Fellow
I am glad to hear the enthusiasm regarding a possible trip to the ACCCG. I quit posting on another board recently. One of the things that really chapped my A$$ was a prevailing attitude that they didn't even want to go to the game in fear of getting crushed by FSU. What kind of crazy nonsense is that from a fan base? Holy cow. Chances at conference championships only come along so often. When they come, you need to grab them. I don't care how steeply favored the opposition would be. As a former player and current coach, you have to embrace every challenge put before you. That is what it is all about. It is only really worth doing if it is difficult anyway. How satisfying was it rolling over A&M? I say bring on the Noles and see what we can get done. I absolutely refuse to harbor any fear of losing. Fear of losing IS for losers, end of story.

I can definitely tell you are angry. But I want to point out that there are all kinds of people in the world. Some are going to be afraid of losing.

SoCal_GT_Fan

Jolly Good Fellow
Well glad you are on this board now and not that "other" site. Their loss if you ask me.

As you mentioned, if they are players, they would embrace the challenge. Don't those detractors know that Elon and Alabama A&M have odds stacked way against them but they came and played us at Bobby Dodd. They got whooped but they came to play cause you always have a chance if you come to play.

I was watching the Oregon/Arizona game. Who would have given Arizona a chance against that potent 21st century offense and with a gimpy QB? Oregon and their players were crying about not having a chance to participate for a NC and how they've already been to the Rose Bowl. Well, guess what? They might be lucky to get into the Holiday Bowl if they don't right their ship. Oregon didn't show up, Arizona did and Arizona took Oregon to the woodshed. That's why I love college football. 18-22 year olds are unpredictable and come November, a lot of them get cocky and they need to realize that there are still some football to be played and if you don't play through the whistle, if you play half-a$$, then you will end up with a big fat L no matter how much talent and "schematic advantage" you might have.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
If we some how make it to the ACCCg the thing that worries the most is being sent to El Paso again...

We will go Shreveport before we go to Sun Bowl...If we lose this weekend we have a very good shot at being sent to Shreveport.