GT (+2.5) vs. VT

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
If it helps ease anyone's minds there's a website I use called Wunderdog. I use it for making my picks every week. It predicts games and shows how betters are laying money. All but once this year have they been wrong about us with covering and it was last week. As of now they have us winning by 1 and there's actually more bets on us covering then VT.

Jmonty71

Banned
I ha
If it helps ease anyone's minds there's a website I use called Wunderdog. I use it for making my picks every week. It predicts games and shows how betters are laying money. All but once this year have they been wrong about us with covering and it was last week. As of now they have us winning by 1 and there's actually more bets on us covering then VT.
I have us losing my 10+

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
The table above (I couldn't edit it in time) should read:

Dry Field: Total Offense (Average) = 482 Wet Field: Total Offense (Average) = 303 Difference = 179

Dry Field: Total Offense (Average) = 439 (w/o UT) Wet Field: Total Offense (Average) = 340 (w/o Clemson) Difference = 99

The wet field games came against teams with better defenses than did the dry field games. Not saying the conditions didn't hurt us....just pointing out that other factors may be responsible for the numbers.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Just don't know how motivated the kids will be to "sell out". VPI has a good to great D, and we will have to play much better to beat them.

By this time of the season, the grind is intense, and when your record is 4-4, it is hard for "some" kids to keep their level of intensity where it would have to be to beat a slight superior talented team.

Hope I am wrong, but I think we could lose this game big. Again, hope I am wrong.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
VT wins are no more impressive than ours. I hate this stupid excuse, but there is no rain in the forecast so i expect us to come out with a sense or urgency and play well. Good thing VT OLine is pretty pedestrian for our guys to get a decent pass rush as well
No rain is a huge plus for us if only for the psychological effect. Playing at home is another huge boost. TaQuon seems to revel infront of the Home crowd.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Would be good to know if we are getting Gray and Mitchell back. While Jordan-Swilling was great, we really missed those guys. Also, seems like a game that we could really use Jordan for a series or two to run the midline if they are just loading the box and getting in our backfield again.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
VT wins are no more impressive than ours. I hate this stupid excuse, but there is no rain in the forecast so i expect us to come out with a sense or urgency and play well. Good thing VT OLine is pretty pedestrian for our guys to get a decent pass rush as well

You are correct. It SHOULD NOT make that much of a difference but the evidence to the contrary is overwhelming. For our team and our offense it must certainly does make a difference. (Difference being a dry field compared to a wet one) However, VT is outstanding in two areas that will present problems. They have two very good defensive tackles and a ball hawking, great tackling secondary especially number 11 who is seemingly everywhere. My question is how are we going to move the football? Granted they are pedestrian in the offensive line and lack the play makers that they have had in the past. There is no Logan Thomas to torment us. No Ford to stretch defenses. None of the truly great running backs they have had in the past. But they still have Coach Foster and are rightfully rated in the top 20.

I would predict Virginia Tech to win by a touchdown or so but would not at all be surprised by a good performance and win by the Jackets. It is just the kind of thing they have become known for in Coach Johnson's tenure.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
The wet field games came against teams with better defenses than did the dry field games. Not saying the conditions didn't hurt us....just pointing out that other factors may be responsible for the numbers.
And I quote: "I know, I know: there are other factors affecting this and the wet affects both teams and you could use other comparisons. But the story is the same."

I agree that both da U and the Tigers have better Ds then most of our opponents. But not that much better. When we played Wake they were in the top 10 against rushing and we put up 427 yards rushing on them. On a dry field.

I don't know if we'll win or not on Saturday. VT is a real good football team. However, except for our one point losses, we would have the same record going in. If we play well we have a good chance to pull this one out.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
And I quote: "I know, I know: there are other factors affecting this and the wet affects both teams and you could use other comparisons. But the story is the same."

I agree that both da U and the Tigers have better Ds then most of our opponents. But not that much better. When we played Wake they were in the top 10 against rushing and we put up 427 yards rushing on them. On a dry field.

I don't know if we'll win or not on Saturday. VT is a real good football team. However, except for our one point losses, we would have the same record going in. If we play well we have a good chance to pull this one out.
Wake has played three teams that can rush the ball well on any given Saturday. Georgia Tech, Notre Dame, Clemson. Wake gave up 427, 380, and 190 rushing yards to those teams respectively.