GT #11

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
Fair. Regardless, I do think it’s inportant that we end up no worse than 3-2 vs the mighty sec. especially in a year that the acc is way down. Hopefully we can clinch a winning record tonight.

Deleted member 2897

Still sitting at #11.

I think our ranking when it comes time for regional hosts will be set higher. If you browse the rankings, Santa Barbara (#8) has a SOS of #78. Tennessee (#7) SOS out of conference is #56 and nearly all those games were at home (playing 0.500 ball in the SEC is why their RPI is high). Georgia (#4) has a SOS out of conference of #120 LOLOLOL. Arkansas (#3) is #96. Its easy to win 75% of your games if you schedule a bunch of maroons out of conference. Our overall SOS is #3 and our out of conference SOS is also #3.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Still sitting at #11.

I think our ranking when it comes time for regional hosts will be set higher. If you browse the rankings, Santa Barbara (#8) has a SOS of #78. Tennessee (#7) SOS out of conference is #56 and nearly all those games were at home (playing 0.500 ball in the SEC is why their RPI is high). Georgia (#4) has a SOS out of conference of #120 LOLOLOL. Arkansas (#3) is #96. Its easy to win 75% of your games if you schedule a bunch of maroons out of conference. Our overall SOS is #3 and our out of conference SOS is also #3.
Honestly, I love that we played UCLA early this year. I assume we go out there next year?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Still sitting at #11.

#10 rpi. http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2019/schedule/Georgia-Tech

East Carolina only 7 points ahead of us so we could be #9 tomorrow if the right second order teams win. Stanford 64 behind.

Again, what matters is how we play the next 4 weeks. Can't lose a series and need a Western Carolina and Pitt sweep to maintain the rpi position probably.

But for regional seeding, we have built the resume with a series wins over UGAg, @L'Ville, UNC. The series wins over @VT, @BC, ND & UVa don't hurt.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Let me say again, I think the win last night over ugag was more important than a lone win over Clemson or anyone remaining on our schedule.

The series win over ugag, even though mid-week, was as big as any ACC weekend win. This is what the NCAA looks at in addition to rpi; teams that can go far in the NCAA. TO win on the road or in this case a "neutral" series is really big.

Piss on them. And then piss on them again. But flush it, need to win the Clemson series.

Edit: Here's what d1 says about us being a National Seed:
"Georgia Tech followed up a road series win at Virginia Tech with another midweek win against Georgia, making the Jackets 2-1 against their in-state rivals this year. That’s a nice feather in their cap. They’re also tied for first place in the ACC Coastal Division with North Carolina (a team Tech has a series win against), and in solid shape in the RPI at No. 10. But their resumé stands out most for an 11-7 record against the top 25 — the most top 25 wins in the country. For now, the Jackets move into the “safely in” national seed category, and a series win at home against Clemson this weekend would really shore up their position."

Last edited:

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
safely In for a national seed....does that mean #1-8....or does that mean #1-16? I lose track of these things. I wish they'd stop changing these things all the time. And get off my lawn!

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
It’s awesome to be in the National seed discussion. Our season goes on how our bullpen goes. Our hitting is great, I have no concern there, but I did love seeing barknicki, chApman, carpenter, etc, pitching well last night. If our bullpen turns it on, we are a dangerous team.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
D1 has always valued weekend series wins a lot more than anything else. They’ll keep a team that went 3-1 over the team behind them that went 4-0 that week because the former “held serve” winning their weekend series.

I’d be perfectly happy with 2-1 this weekend.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It’s awesome to be in the National seed discussion. Our season goes on how our bullpen goes. Our hitting is great, I have no concern there, but I did love seeing barknicki, chApman, carpenter, etc, pitching well last night. If our bullpen turns it on, we are a dangerous team.

Our bullpen has talent at different times and A LOT of depth. Our coach is pulling under performing pitchers quicker. Give them up to two base runners in an inning and see who sinks and who succeeds. Rinse and repeat. Good thing is that if they bomb out quick they are available in two days anyway.

We should be in the National Seed discussion given the talent we have. That's why We are going to get 5-6 players drafted high and have one of the most experienced teams in baseball.

But there are a lot of good teams out there. As long as we play well and don't let a reliever get 4-5 ER, I'm fine if we lose on an off night or if the other team just gets all the seeing eye hits. It's baseball.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Our bullpen has talent at different times and A LOT of depth. Our coach is pulling under performing pitchers quicker. Give them up to two base runners in an inning and see who sinks and who succeeds. Rinse and repeat. Good thing is that if they bomb out quick they are available in two days anyway.

We should be in the National Seed discussion given the talent we have. That's why We are going to get 5-6 players drafted high and have one of the most experienced teams in baseball.

But there are a lot of good teams out there. As long as we play well and don't let a reliever get 4-5 ER, I'm fine if we lose on an off night or if the other team just gets all the seeing eye hits. It's baseball.
I agree with everything you said, but if Hall brings Biddle out of the pen again, I think I’ll.......What? What’s that you say? Biddle plays for the Braves? Oh, well......fire a Danny Hall anyway!