GT (-10) vs. Duke

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
I don't think GT-10 is a good bet. They will play us hard and we had some injuries. But I am sure with a young team we have lost confidence and will take some time to get that back.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
I don't think GT-10 is a good bet. They will play us hard and we had some injuries. But I am sure with a young team we have lost confidence and will take some time to get that back.
Yep I want to see what our injury outlook is before I make up my mind.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Cutcliffe is a defensive guru. but I think our O line can blow them off 5 yards a clip if we drive block like we did against UGA, MSU. Probably should have done more of punishing inside tackles play against ND. I don't see this as a gimme as we learned last year. Until Byerly came in we were getting beat pretty bad. Much self destruct as was quite a bit in ND game.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Agree but Cash is not Jalyn Smith #9 of ND. that dude was as fast as our ABacks. ND has lot more fast athletes on the field at one time than anyone else we play.
I don't think that's true. FSU, UGA, and Clemson all recruit better than Notre Dame most years (recently), I just think we played like crap and they played really well. I don't think they are in the stratosphere and we're at sea level when it comes to talent. Yes they are talented, but no more than the 3 teams that I listed. Clemson's defense last year was pretty much as talented as college defenses get.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Sounds like we are 0-2 in vendetta games (Cutcliffe's comments last year before the game). Let's just focus on winning.

I think the vendetta is in the fan's minds more than CPJ's! That being said, I'd like to see us dismember Fluke.

I think 10 is about right for a betting line at their place. I think we'll do better than NW did.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
It is concerning that the line is moving toward Duke. Last week, in the last 12 hours before our game, the betting moved heavily toward ND. At least this time, it is probably happening due to the standard "joes" and "jims", not the insiders.

The line moved toward us this time last week iirc.