GT (-1) vs. Miami

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
When the news that Duke Johnson is injured gets out, the points will swing back. I am still wondering about that last hit.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Sounds just about right to me. Now, all we have to do is play like we did against VT. That team should beat da U by 3 points, at least. And if da U that played Nebraska shows up, well …

buzzinanut69

Jolly Good Fellow
Imo comes down to whether or not we get pushed around on defense. If Miami's run game is knifing us for 6 yards a pop and they are able to fool us a couple of times with play action, it could be a long night. On the other hand if we can stop the run on early downs a couple of times, we could force their young qb into making a couple of mistakes. In the latter scenario I trust our O can score enough to win.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@alaguy I had wishful thinking from his last hit in the Duke game. Looks like he only has an ankle brace on for practice and should be good for our game.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The movement in the line probably reflects that Duke J is ok based on people watching him at practice.

Being an underdog at home ..... we'd be a 7 point underdog in Miami. Makes sense given recent history. We were 6-7 point underdogs to VT and it took heroics to win.

But Atomic has us as 10 point favorites. No matter for any. We play well and don't turn the ball over we should score more than Miami.......

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Last season GT (3-1) was a 4.5 pt underdog @ Miami (4-0). We lost by 15. Just sharing; not trying to read any more into that.

Also VT is favored by 2 @ UNC this weekend. This further confirms for me that there's not much separating teams in the Coastal.

"Focus on one game at a time" is as true as it's ever been.

Animal02

Banned
Last season GT (3-1) was a 4.5 pt underdog @ Miami (4-0). We lost by 15. Just sharing; not trying to read any more into that.

Also VT is favored by 2 @ UNC this weekend. This further confirms for me that there's not much separating teams in the Coastal.

"Focus on one game at a time" is as true as it's ever been.

The only sure thing with football odds is that Vegas will make money.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
We just need to take care of the ball, play hard, smat, and mind our own responsibilities. We do that and we will win.