GSU game thread

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I will be shocked if CBK doesn’t have Tech loaded up for a statement win. The only fly in the ointment is jet lag. It is hard to catch up on mental and physical sharpness when you have to go right back to work with essentially no rest or easy days.

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
Normally I would say this has all the makings of a trap game, but I think CBK is of a different flavor and will have us ready. Particularly what he said when the reporter asked him on Saturday if he would have a celebration drink. He esentially said no, we have a game next Saturday. CBK is on about his business.

I don't expect a blowout, just a convincing win. Thiugh a blowout would be nice.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I will be shocked if CBK doesn’t have Tech loaded up for a statement win. The only fly in the ointment is jet lag. It is hard to catch up on mental and physical sharpness when you have to go right back to work with essentially no rest or easy days.
Jet lag will not be an issue. They were not in Ireland long enough to reset their body clocks and the trip back was with the sun. The main issues will be to recover mentally and physically after a grueling 5 day schedule including 15 hours of flight time interfering with their sleep schedule, catching up on school work, and still prepare for the game effectively. It is a challenge for sure.

Techfiend

Georgia Tech Fan

I spent 10 days in England and Scotland in early June, and was over the time change in a day. I'm nowhere near 20 years old any more, either.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer

Is Dead Energy Terry gone or is this the end of the "First and tennnnnnnn, Jor-Juh-Tek!" guy? I swear I heard him on the TV in Dublin Saturday. I did see Ms. Basketball commented on a GTWBB post recently - hoping GTAA got the memo and gave her fulltime duties for hoops. Duke game last year w/ her as emcee was the most engaged GTBB crowd I've seen in years.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I will be pleasantly surprised if that happens. Coming off a big win like that, the team can't help but be a little less sharp mentally than it was in Dublin. But I must say, Tech looked like a team without any glaring weaknesses. Solid all around. First time I've been able to say that since, er, 1990. One thing on Tech's side is that it will be our second game and GSU's first. I would guess the jackets win by 10-17 points. Remember that even in our national championship year the Jackets came off a win in Charlottesville to scrape by VPI the next week by a field goal. It's just the nature of college football.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
For those who don’t know- This was the Hawks Announcer for years.
Honestly not sure how I feel.
He’s a younger energetic voice, but lacking that more powerful/moving sound that most football PA guys have.