Great Interview with Candeto

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm not that worried about it right now. This doesn't mean I won't be worried about it mid-season. Just that there are so many aspects of our O that need mastering, and right now MJ appears to be the closest to mastering it as a whole. We haven't had a QB starter yet that is the whole package (power running, speed, perfect reads, strong arm, accurate). If MJ struggles with passing this year, we may still have a historic offense and win double digit games. Just like we did with JeT when he didn't have the power running aspect. I'm sure he's working hard to get it right.

SlawDog

Banned

Candeto: "I think he's there, he's such a hard worker NOTHING is going to stop him"
Nice to hear!
I think we can all exhale now

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I think we can all not be worried about any of the QB's. CPJ isn't blowing smoke when he says he comfortable with any of the 4 guys. I don't see this article as saying anything other than what it says, if that makes sense lol. MJ is looking good in most facets but needs to work on passing. The others need to work on ball security. We will be fine imo.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I'm not that worried about it right now. This doesn't mean I won't be worried about it mid-season. Just that there are so many aspects of our O that need mastering, and right now MJ appears to be the closest to mastering it as a whole. We haven't had a QB starter yet that is the whole package (power running, speed, perfect reads, strong arm, accurate). If MJ struggles with passing this year, we may still have a historic offense and win double digit games. Just like we did with JeT when he didn't have the power running aspect. I'm sure he's working hard to get it right.
I agree we shouldnt be worried, but the ability to pass is a lot more important than having the ability to run with power. Not being able to pass allows the teams to be more aggressive because they don't have to honor the pass. If you're not a power runner they still have to respect the pass, so they can't play as aggressive.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I agree we shouldnt be worried, but the ability to pass is a lot more important than having the ability to run with power. Not being able to pass allows the teams to be more aggressive because they don't have to honor the pass. If you're not a power runner they still have to respect the pass, so they can't play as aggressive.
What offense have you been watching?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
What offense have you been watching?
What do you mean? Are you going to tell me that it's more important to be able to run with power as a QB than to be able to pass as a QB? Let me ask it this way, would you have rather JT been able to run with power or pass with the ability he passed with?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I think cheese is saying rushing and running option plays is more important than pure passing ability.

I think you are both too biased in your own preferences and both abilities are equally important.

Our QBs all have different strengths in the different facets of their games. The QB that brings the highest ability overall wins the job. None can afford to be very deficient in any aspect or they will never see the field.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I think cheese is saying rushing and running option plays is more important than pure passing ability.

I think you are both too biased in your own preferences and both abilities are equally important.

Our QBs all have different strengths in the different facets of their games. The QB that brings the highest ability overall wins the job. None can afford to be very deficient in any aspect or they will never see the field.
I don't want anyone to think I'm talking about any of the players on the team. But would you have wanted JT to be able run up the middle with power or throw the way he threw if he could only do one or the other good? I would take the ability to throw over the ability to have a power runner any day, now if the power runner is better at making decisions and taking care of the ball I would take him, but if you had two guys that were pretty equal in those two things, give me the passer. If we can't keep a team honest with the pass they will pack the box and be a lot more aggressive. I'm not saying none of our guys can't pass though, I'm just making a general statement. I honestly don't know what @dressedcheeseside was asking me that for?