Great AJC Article

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
We had the #19 offense in the country (OFEI) in 2018 despite crapping the bed in the last two games. That’s not 100% due to Braun and Bryan. We would have been good on offense in 2019, and the only delusion is thinking otherwise. Our ability to field a good defense in 2019 is a more useful question, but it doesn’t further certain interests to explore.

TFG sucked. He knew he sucked, which is why he set up the “260 lb offensive line” thing as a preemptive excuse from the jump.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Here we go again.

Folks, it does no good arguing about CPJ’s talent pool / potential as a surrogate argument for CGC’s failures. CGC did not squeeze out any potential this team might have had. After four years of his ineptitude it’s silly to suggest otherwise. We’ll never know.

What we do know is Key has shown that had he taken over for Johnson, we would not even be having this conversation.

JacketFan137

Banned
Here we go again.

Folks, it does no good arguing about CPJ’s talent pool / potential as a surrogate argument for CGC’s failures. CGC did not squeeze out any potential this team might have had. After four years of his ineptitude it’s silly to suggest otherwise. We’ll never know.

What we do know is Key has shown that had he taken over for Johnson, we would not even be having this conversation.
the problem here lies in the fact that people draw a line in the sand. collins sucks as a coach, i think paul johnson was leaving a poor roster and we were not the team we once were. both things are pretty true.

the problem is some anti option guys lay it all on johnson and some option only moaners blame it all on cgc.

reality was it was both coaches, the ad for not getting **** done and the ****ty fair weather fans we have that can’t be arsed to go to games whether we are ranked with a good team or awful with coach collins.

JacketFan137

Banned
We know the last 4yrs been bad, but we don’t have to prop up this delusion of what a CPJ team would been
some people will never accept this. in the last 4 years as a coach he went 24-25. we were a middle of the road team by all accounts. it was fair and arguably correct to move on.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
some people will never accept this. in the last 4 years as a coach he went 24-25. we were a middle of the road team by all accounts. it was fair and arguably correct to move on.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. And in the last four years we had a 9 win season including the curb stomping of an SEC team in a New Year's Day Bowl and a 7 win team that went to a bowl. And choosing that time frame includes the 2015 injury disaster where both sides of the ball suffered crippling injuries and a really consequential transfer or two (losing Dennis Andrews especially). And did I mention that we were in the top 10 (second in 2018 and 8th in 2015, even with the injuries) in rushing every year?

I mean come on. We chased Paul off and the program got face planted as a result. Now all we have to do is - well, rebuild the program to the point that it is not a laughing stock anymore. Not easy. I don't envy Key his position. I think he can do it. But Tech and our fan base has only itself to blame if he can't.

JacketFan137

Banned
Yeah, yeah, yeah. And in the last four years we had a 9 win season including the curb stomping of an SEC team in a New Year's Day Bowl and a 7 win team that went to a bowl. And choosing that time frame includes the 2015 injury disaster where both sides of the ball suffered crippling injuries and a really consequential transfer or two (losing Dennis Andrews especially). And did I mention that we were in the top 10 (second in 2018 and 8th in 2015, even with the injuries) in rushing every year?

I mean come on. We chased Paul off and the program got face planted as a result. Now all we have to do is - well, rebuild the program to the point that it is not a laughing stock anymore. Not easy. I don't envy Key his position. I think he can do it. But Tech and our fan base has only itself to blame if he can't.
1. paul was never chased off. he retired.
2. if we did move on from paul it was not the wrong decision anyway. the program stagnated while our two rivals had completely escaped us. we had to try SOMETHING. we just didn’t have the ad to lead us in the right path

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
That’s not even the argument.

The only question is would some other coach (Key, for instance) done better with the players we had.

No question in my mind.