Graham tweets that he's eligible

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Welcome back, #4! The biggest thing about GT for me was breaking out of high school habits and learning how to study. Through this process Graham seems to have figured that out, so now he's probably go to go for the remainder of his time. Let's start the Heisman campaign! Anyone remember Jabari Hunt-Days getting preseason All-ACC honors before he even took a snap after regaining eligibility? Good times.
JHD- had life/ family issues that resulted in team issues. We all know JHD asked for a second chance and Coach conditionally let him back on scout team. He moved to dl and bulked up and made scout team player of year.

Saw at the game:
At first game walk up, Coach lead the team as usual. Right behind him was JDH who was staring straight ahead. As Coach was about to step up the curb to gtaa, he stopped. JDH then stepped up the curb into his mothers open arms and big family hug by kin. After pausing coach smiled at the group hug oach and then lead the team into gtaa. It was clear at that moment he was glad he had his player back and that thier family had thier son back.
After the team followed the wrek on to field, JDH ran to his spot on bench( which was right in front of our seats) , knelt w head on bench
for a very long time.

There is way more than w l that makes a coach great.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I said it after Spring, Graham is best QB but Lucas is the safest.
Agree, but the news about Graham being able to teach the offense he knows it so well is very encouraging. Imo it’s just a matter of not trying to do to much. Guys with his talent seem to do that more early in their careers. That and reading the defense of course.

Last edited:

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Agree, but the news about Graham being able to teach the offense he knows it so well is very encouraging. Now it’s just a matter of not trying to do to much. Guys with his talent seem to do that more early in their careers. That and reading the defense of course.

I think it was clear how they stood after the spring, but it appears everyone has been working as hard as they can, so it's plenty possible that things have reshuffled. Either way, it's great to have players bought in and prepared as well as they can be, and it's awesome that Graham has embraced the opportunity having faced academic hurdles and a player in LJ who seemed ready to take the reigns ahead of him.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
This is very good news for Graham and even better news for Tech.

I think QB is open in this sense. Coach is looking for someone who can win on the field against our ACC opponents. (And Ugag, of course.) If Lucas can go out there and deliver - no reason to think he can't, but nobody knows yet - then he'll keep the job. If he doesn't, then Tobias or James will get a turn. Whoever wins or comes closest gets the job.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the one who will win out could be Grahaam. This has little to do with his knwing the job better or being experienced. It has to do with his truly superior athletic ability. When I saw his high school film, my immediate reaction was that Tech was getting Tajh Boyd (V. 2). He was able to break a game open pretty much any time he saw the opportunity to try it.

It'll be an interesting fall at QB, I think.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
This is very good news for Graham and even better news for Tech.

I think QB is open in this sense. Coach is looking for someone who can win on the field against our ACC opponents. (And Ugag, of course.) If Lucas can go out there and deliver - no reason to think he can't, but nobody knows yet - then he'll keep the job. If he doesn't, then Tobias or James will get a turn. Whoever wins or comes closest gets the job.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the one who will win out could be Grahaam. This has little to do with his knwing the job better or being experienced. It has to do with his truly superior athletic ability. When I saw his high school film, my immediate reaction was that Tech was getting Tajh Boyd (V. 2). He was able to break a game open pretty much any time he saw the opportunity to try it.

It'll be an interesting fall at QB, I think.
I know he is only a true freshman but don't rule out Yates

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I heard things had changed. I got out.

I look forward to coach p putting grahman in formations that lets him "get out" of the backfield and down the field. Then coach p can put in lucas and change the formation so lucas can "get the ball out "of the backfield on long pass.

Coach Key don't like that. You don't say, "I got out." From now on you are supposed to say, " I graduated with no problems, it's not a prison you know."
TStan said that, but I don't recall Key ever saying it. And IIRC, even Collins has said "got out" on at least once occasion. Personally, I consider it a badge of honor, and I don't understand any objections to it.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
TStan said that, but I don't recall Key ever saying it. And IIRC, even Collins has said "got out" on at least once occasion. Personally, I consider it a badge of honor, and I don't understand any objections to it.

I think he was referring to the look Key gave Coleman during an early interview.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer

That badge of honor dead now. Retention and kids getting out not an issue anymore comparatively. Sure gt is still tough. But it aint like “when i was a boy”

slugboy

Staff member
It’s still hard to get out. I’ve had relatives graduate recently. The difference is that Tech can maintain and even improve high standards for the graduates without relying on a “sink or swim” system.
Did I learn more because my professors used to give D’s and F’s to a third of the students in the first couple of years?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
CONGRATULATIONS Mr. Graham !! Same thing happened to me......but it is part of the process for some of us. A wake up call to get with the program. Stick with it and you Will. Not. Be. Sorry.