Gotsis vs. FSU

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I don't recall the last time I saw a GT team tackle as well as last night. We actually have gotten to runners before ... it was just bringing them to heel that we couldn't do.

We tackled exceptionally well and gave up far fewer yards after contact than we have against much inferior teams. Who would have thought?

Do you remember a GT DT as dominant as Gotsis? I can only think of DE and LBs.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn't have said this until I read some of the posts above and remembered back.

I know how who Gotsis reminded me of last night: Rock Perdoni. I know that's saying a lot, but he showed the same relentless pursuit and the same speed. He isn't as strong as Rock was (Rock was another Randy White in that department), but he's close. And he has Perdoni's take-no-prisoners attitude on the field.

I sure am glad he came to Tech. Now, if we can only get the weather to cooperate for the rest of the season and get Snoddy back …

bartoma

Jolly Good Fellow
Gotsis is starting to seriously resemble Clay Matthews and JJ Watt - at least in terms of his look on the field... Really big, fast, tough looking dude... I just hope he has the same kind of success... Was a fan from the day he signed...

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
If he goes later than the 2nd round it's a steal. He has a ton of talent and his work ethic is unmeasurable, I put him as a lock to be successful. Like someone said earlier his versatility is somewhat of a JJ Watt. He's a DE that's strong enough to play DT.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
We tackled exceptionally well and gave up far fewer yards after contact than we have against much inferior teams. Who would have thought?

Do you remember a GT DT as dominant as Gotsis? I can only think of DE and LBs.

Last DT I remember doing anything of note was Vance Walker. Vance had some really good games for GT.

That's not taking away from what Gotsis did though. Gotsis looked like a guy on another level Saturday. That's the guy that the NFL is going to look at and salivate because he pretty much had no help, and dominated. Not only that, he can play on multiple fronts. His NFL position will probably be a 3/4 DE or 4/3 SDE with versatility to play inside when needed.

I said it in another thread...Gotsis made a LOT of money Saturday.