Got 'em right where we want 'em

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Why all the love for Miami and Pitt?
I see GT, UNC, Duke, Miami, and VT all right there together as being contenders in any given year. Then Pitt haven't been contenders in any year yet but aren't far behind at all. I could actually see Miami being in the second group as they haven't actually won the division (or anything of significance) since Johnson has been at GT. I guess they still get the respect because of the old Miami rep and recruiting rankings. It's a very competitive league and impossible to predict. So much of it is just a matter of luck really - which way the ball bounces, 1 play here or there, controversial calls by officials, injuries, matchups, schedule set up, academic calendars, 1 player becoming a difference maker, etc.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I see GT, UNC, Duke, Miami, and VT all right there together as being contenders in any given year. Then Pitt haven't been contenders in any year yet but aren't far behind at all. I could actually see Miami being in the second group as they haven't actually won the division (or anything of significance) since Johnson has been at GT. I guess they still get the respect because of the old Miami rep and recruiting rankings. It's a very competitive league and impossible to predict. So much of it is just a matter of luck really - which way the ball bounces, 1 play here or there, controversial calls by officials, injuries, matchups, schedule set up, academic calendars, 1 player becoming a difference maker, etc.

We for sure have lost some coaching advantage in the Coastal but the top dog has more chances to get knocked off because of stronger competition. It may mean the Coastal Champ will limp home with 2 or 3 losses. That might help to offset our regular game with Clemson.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I think a lot of the love fest for Pitt is because the return of James Conner. Don't think I'm hating on him in any way because it's amazing he's beat cancer and is back on the field but I think the media gets all worked up on stories like this and it turns into a big hype train that they all jump on. Yea Narduzi is a great defensive coach but they lost there QB and the Boyd kid who we had no answer for. They do return there Fr RB that had a good season as well as Conner. They'll be good but win the coastal? No.