Good thing we did not play Ohio State!

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Revisionist history.

Dabo is as smart as they come, Saban-esque IMO , but he plays up that "aw shucks" Southern Christian thingy to the Max

Dabo has an MBA from Bama , I think his concentration was in Marketing, this guy thoroughly understands Recruiting 18 yr olds and is a self taught expert in Human Behavior, for example, South Carolina has bagmen, a Big Stadium, a rabid & stupid Fanbase, and similar Academics to Clemson, so explain WHY Dabo earlier in his tenure can come to GA and go head to head with UGA and end up with Watson & Lawrence at QB while South Carolina comes to GA and ended up with some Shaw kid playing QB for them?

Many Colleges have a "similar setup" as Clemson, but those Colleges will never come close to what Dabo has created at Clemson

There was no mentoring from our previous HC IMO, that's just a cute narrative that Fans of the Previous HC like to throw around, in fact I don't think anyone anywhere in CFB has ever mentioned that they were "mentored" by our Previous HC

Dabo never ran the score up on the previous HC because the Previous HC was never a threat to Clemson Recruiting-wise, he was more focused on "his system" instead of Maximizing the Talent Level of each scholarship given out, conversely CGC is definitely going after many of the same Players that Clemson wants when they come to GA HSs to Recruit

The way they boat-raced us last season is to send a message to upcoming Recruits in 22 & 23 that GT isn't closing the gap anytime soon, that wasn't necessary before CGC arrived

While we're at it, getting boat-raced like that is 80% on the Players and 20% on the Coaches, if you are a Legit P5 Talent and are lifting weights & eating at a Training Table & running Sprints almost year-round, then just by Playing with Discipline & "give-a-damn" you should never lose by more than 4 TDs, never ever

In a lot of our losses we had position Groups that failed to play with PRIDE, mainly our OLine and then on occasion our 2ndary failed to play with any pride (FB ain't Rocket Science, there are only 5 men that can go downfield for a Fwd Pass, yet our 2ndary that's supposed to be smarter than other secondaries kept losing Men in coverage)

We all need to pray that NiL gets started as soon as possible, hopefully above the Table Money can level the playing field Recruiting wise

There is nothing revisionist about it but aight mate. You were making sense from the otherside of things until you started the play with PRIDE crap.

There is nothing revisionist about it but aight mate. You were making sense from the otherside of things until you started the play with PRIDE crap.
How do you explain some of the Games this past season turned in by our OLine and our Secondary, both Ranked in the 100s as a Position Group by one of those Popular Analytics Websites

IMO, lack of pride has to be the only explanation, only 5 guys can go downfield on a Fwd Pass and 1 is usually in the backfield (The RB) and is covered by a LBer , so that means that our Secondary that is smart enough to pass Calculus at GT kept losing 4 Opposing Receivers in Coverage , and they lost them frequently, Game after Game

Don't get mad at this next question:

Did you watch GT FB this past season?

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
whose offense were they running then? Go back and read your post and you will recognize the pity party i refer to. (By the way, "obvious" is one of those buzz words that state as fact something that isn't.}

Once again, slowly: Clemson. Did not. Run the. Score up. If we can't whip their scrubs with our starters, tell me whose fault that is.
I don’t know why you felt the need to respond in 2 separate replies, but whatever.

Clemson did run up the score, and it was obvious. I’ve posted about it before. Their game plan and play breakdown in the 2nd half of the GT game was completely different than the 2nd half of any other game they played this season where they had a comfortable lead. Regarding your “pity-party” I never said I cared that they did so. All I said was I wondered why they did it. But the fact remains that they did do it.

It was their back ups, but they went for it on 4th down twice when they were up by 52 points in the 3Q and 4Q. They threw 22 passes in the 2nd half when they were up by 45 at the half. It’s Tech’s job to stop them, but they had no interest in slowing down their offense, regardless of whether or not they had back ups in. Throwing passes with your punter is one of the most disrespectful things you can do in a football game.

By comparison, they took Lawrence out with 10 minutes left in the 2Q against the Citadel when they were up 42-0. They only threw 15 passes against The Citadel in the 2nd half.

They took Lawrence out with 3 minutes left in the 3Q against Wake forest up 37-3. They threw 12 passes in the 2nd half against Wake.

I don’t know why, but this game was personal for Dabo. He deliberately ran up the score. They almost threw as many 2nd half passes against Tech as they did against The Citadel and Wake combined. It doesn’t matter who’s playing QB when you’re running pass plays designed for quick completions, which is what they did with their punter. They also didn’t go for it on 4th down in the 2nd half against any of their other opponents. They did it twice against Tech.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Well, I give up. OK. They ran it up. Maybe they just don't like Collins. Lots of coaches don't.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
How do you explain some of the Games this past season turned in by our OLine and our Secondary, both Ranked in the 100s as a Position Group by one of those Popular Analytics Websites

IMO, lack of pride has to be the only explanation, only 5 guys can go downfield on a Fwd Pass and 1 is usually in the backfield (The RB) and is covered by a LBer , so that means that our Secondary that is smart enough to pass Calculus at GT kept losing 4 Opposing Receivers in Coverage , and they lost them frequently, Game after Game

Don't get mad at this next question:

Did you watch GT FB this past season?

Yes I did. And I didn't see people not playing with PRIDE, hell the amount of dumb penalties showed maybe they were playing with to much. I saw a secondary constantly out of position by alignment or by design and that honestly falls squarely on the coaching. Also we seemed to have slowed down as we bulked up resulting in safeties no longer having recovery speed. We were also without Swilling for almost half of our games.

Yes I did. And I didn't see people not playing with PRIDE, hell the amount of dumb penalties showed maybe they were playing with to much. I saw a secondary constantly out of position by alignment or by design and that honestly falls squarely on the coaching. Also we seemed to have slowed down as we bulked up resulting in safeties no longer having recovery speed. We were also without Swilling for almost half of our games.
Not trying be argumentative, but maybe our VETERAN Secondary was out of position due to "bad eyes" or bad Reads rather than bad coaching, maybe they took horrible angles

The things I mentioned above aren't usually due to "Coaching"

IMO this is yet another pox that the GT Fanbase has been cursed with due to the previous administration, for some reason our Fanbase is addicted to the catch-all of "Coaching or not Coaching em up" as the reason for everything that happens in a Game

Many times our Players have been Coached to do the right things and have been coached on the Right Techniques & Methods and yet they get in Game Situations and have "Brain Farts", yet our Fans refuse to blame the Player for his isolated poor play

For some reason many of our Fans are laser focused on blaming "Coaching" and blaming a T-Fr QB for everything awry with GT FB

The funny part in all of this, is those same Fans never blamed "Coaching" during the previous administration, back then it was always "the perfect playcall", but the PLAYER (QB) made a bad Read

Coach always called a perfect Game, it was the Players that made bad "reads"

I questioned pride because I honestly believe that if you're lifting weights & running sprints for 12 months of the year, then you should never get beaten by more than 4 TDs by a Team on your same level

I honestly believe that if our OLine & DLine takes CFB seriously there's no way that other 18 to 23 yr olds should ever beat them 73-7, it has to be pride or a lack of it

We can agree to disagree, that's just the way I see things

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I don’t know why you felt the need to respond in 2 separate replies, but whatever.

Clemson did run up the score, and it was obvious. I’ve posted about it before. Their game plan and play breakdown in the 2nd half of the GT game was completely different than the 2nd half of any other game they played this season where they had a comfortable lead. Regarding your “pity-party” I never said I cared that they did so. All I said was I wondered why they did it. But the fact remains that they did do it.
I was actually a fan of Dabo until that game. No more, success has changed him or something.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
The Clemson defense looked as if maybe their coaches had been out interviewing for HC jobs the whole bowl prep season.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
I was actually a fan of Dabo until that game. No more, success has changed him or something.
Same. Maybe Covid fatigue or something. He’s been running his mouth more this year too.

I liked the little jabs at the SEC, but he’s taken it up a notch it seems.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Ohio State won the game on the line of scrimmage.

Exactly. And that's what has been wrong at Tech the last two years. The previous administration left behind one recruit and one transfer on the OL that had P5 offers. And they had NO P5 level OL recruits in the pipeline for the 2019 class-we signed zero OL in the 2019 class. The 2020 OL recruits won't mature until at least 2022, and then we still don't have enough of them.

People want to blame Collins and staff for the results the last two years, but how do you win without quality OL? Many people say "coach them up", but that is ridiculous. This staff has done the best they can with the hand they were dealt, bringing in a transfer the last two years on the OL to at least have some semblance of a P5 line.

And the DL hasn't been any better, like starting a walk on DT. It's amazing we won 5 P5 games over the last 2 years.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Exactly. And that's what has been wrong at Tech the last two years. The previous administration left behind one recruit and one transfer on the OL that had P5 offers. And they had NO P5 level OL recruits in the pipeline for the 2019 class-we signed zero OL in the 2019 class. The 2020 OL recruits won't mature until at least 2022, and then we still don't have enough of them.

People want to blame Collins and staff for the results the last two years, but how do you win without quality OL? Many people say "coach them up", but that is ridiculous. This staff has done the best they can with the hand they were dealt, bringing in a transfer the last two years on the OL to at least have some semblance of a P5 line.

And the DL hasn't been any better, like starting a walk on DT. It's amazing we won 5 P5 games over the last 2 years.
I actually think that they have done a great job of coaching up the OL and DL

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
Revisionist history.

Dabo is as smart as they come, Saban-esque IMO , but he plays up that "aw shucks" Southern Christian thingy to the Max

Dabo has an MBA from Bama , I think his concentration was in Marketing, this guy thoroughly understands Recruiting 18 yr olds and is a self taught expert in Human Behavior, for example, South Carolina has bagmen, a Big Stadium, a rabid & stupid Fanbase, and similar Academics to Clemson, so explain WHY Dabo earlier in his tenure can come to GA and go head to head with UGA and end up with Watson & Lawrence at QB while South Carolina comes to GA and ended up with some Shaw kid playing QB for them?

Many Colleges have a "similar setup" as Clemson, but those Colleges will never come close to what Dabo has created at Clemson

There was no mentoring from our previous HC IMO, that's just a cute narrative that Fans of the Previous HC like to throw around, in fact I don't think anyone anywhere in CFB has ever mentioned that they were "mentored" by our Previous HC

Dabo never ran the score up on the previous HC because the Previous HC was never a threat to Clemson Recruiting-wise, he was more focused on "his system" instead of Maximizing the Talent Level of each scholarship given out, conversely CGC is definitely going after many of the same Players that Clemson wants when they come to GA HSs to Recruit

The way they boat-raced us last season is to send a message to upcoming Recruits in 22 & 23 that GT isn't closing the gap anytime soon, that wasn't necessary before CGC arrived

While we're at it, getting boat-raced like that is 80% on the Players and 20% on the Coaches, if you are a Legit P5 Talent and are lifting weights & eating at a Training Table & running Sprints almost year-round, then just by Playing with Discipline & "give-a-damn" you should never lose by more than 4 TDs, never ever

In a lot of our losses we had position Groups that failed to play with PRIDE, mainly our OLine and then on occasion our 2ndary failed to play with any pride (FB ain't Rocket Science, there are only 5 men that can go downfield for a Fwd Pass, yet our 2ndary that's supposed to be smarter than other secondaries kept losing Men in coverage)

We all need to pray that NiL gets started as soon as possible, hopefully above the Table Money can level the playing field Recruiting wise
Lol. That’s funny. Especially the Dabo is threatened by what CGC is building thought.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Not trying be argumentative, but maybe our VETERAN Secondary was out of position due to "bad eyes" or bad Reads rather than bad coaching, maybe they took horrible angles

The things I mentioned above aren't usually due to "Coaching"

IMO this is yet another pox that the GT Fanbase has been cursed with due to the previous administration, for some reason our Fanbase is addicted to the catch-all of "Coaching or not Coaching em up" as the reason for everything that happens in a Game

Many times our Players have been Coached to do the right things and have been coached on the Right Techniques & Methods and yet they get in Game Situations and have "Brain Farts", yet our Fans refuse to blame the Player for his isolated poor play

For some reason many of our Fans are laser focused on blaming "Coaching" and blaming a T-Fr QB for everything awry with GT FB

The funny part in all of this, is those same Fans never blamed "Coaching" during the previous administration, back then it was always "the perfect playcall", but the PLAYER (QB) made a bad Read

Coach always called a perfect Game, it was the Players that made bad "reads"

I questioned pride because I honestly believe that if you're lifting weights & running sprints for 12 months of the year, then you should never get beaten by more than 4 TDs by a Team on your same level

I honestly believe that if our OLine & DLine takes CFB seriously there's no way that other 18 to 23 yr olds should ever beat them 73-7, it has to be pride or a lack of it

We can agree to disagree, that's just the way I see things
Stupid post overall. Pride has nothing to do with it. It’s talent, experience, speed, coaching and execution. You sound like one of those “they just wanted it more” nut jobs.