Good thing we did not play Ohio State!

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Don't think our scoreboard cold have handled that one.

Go Jackets!
With the game won in the first half, Clemson was trying to run it up before half-time. We did dumb stuff too by not trying to slow the game down. Glad Clemson got beat and I was pulling for Ohio State to score more points on them. Funny the Ohio State fans were chanting Dabo Dabo at the end of the game.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
With the game won in the first half, Clemson was trying to run it up before half-time. We did dumb stuff too by not trying to slow the game down. Glad Clemson got beat and I was pulling for Ohio State to score more points on them. Funny the Ohio State fans were chanting Dabo Dabo at the end of the game.
Just can't pull for a Big 10 ( +4) team against anyone other than uga.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Unpopular opinion but I think Clemson is a better team than Ohio State 🤷🏼‍♂️

I don't think it is unpopular at all. I bet that there is a ton of Clemson fans who would agree! ;) . Just curious as to what you saw last night that made you feel this way? I didn't have a dog in that fight but I believe OSU wins at least 8 out of 10 times against Clemson. I didn't see anywhere where Clemson had a competitive advantage, even at QB and RB (which was a draw imo). Was it missing their O coordinator? I might give that some credeence.

dcall

Georgia Tech Fan
I don't think it is unpopular at all. I bet that there is a ton of Clemson fans who would agree! ;) . Just curious as to what you saw last night that made you feel this way? I didn't have a dog in that fight but I believe OSU wins at least 8 out of 10 times against Clemson. I didn't see anywhere where Clemson had a competitive advantage, even at QB and RB (which was a draw imo). Was it missing their O coordinator? I might give that some credeence.
I think Trevor is significantly better and that'll be seen once Fields gets drafted but Sermon definitely is a beast. I just think last night Ohio State capitalized on every single opportunity while Clemson didn't look prepared at all (maybe buying into their coach's 11th ranking theory). Namely the defensive play, this year every game I watched Clemson play it seems as if they had 15 players on defense, as opposed to last night looking like they had maybe 7 lol. I believe the other way around about the 8 out of 10 just by looking at comparison of competition and game play this year.

MikeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
I think Trevor is significantly better and that'll be seen once Fields gets drafted but Sermon definitely is a beast. I just think last night Ohio State capitalized on every single opportunity while Clemson didn't look prepared at all (maybe buying into their coach's 11th ranking theory). Namely the defensive play, this year every game I watched Clemson play it seems as if they had 15 players on defense, as opposed to last night looking like they had maybe 7 lol. I believe the other way around about the 8 out of 10 just by looking at comparison of competition and game play this year.
I admit that I really dislike Ohio State and like Clemson, based on the fans I know of each team. Osu fans are just like ugag fans, except osu is actually a better team. Based on the few games I've seen - which is only a few - I think Fields played above his head - he had a great game. Might've actually been better after he was hurt even. But the osu o-line and Sermon were fantastic. It would be interesting to see them play again, but Clemson would have to be much better along the line of scrimmage.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
I do think OSU would have likely won the game regardless but I don't think you can underestimate Lawrence losing his OC play caller. I am not sure how much difference it would make but having the same guy calling plays for 3 years and then being out in this game had to have an impact. Think about the difference of Ryan's MVP year with Shanahan vs. the following 2 years with Sarkesian (of course he made out okay!).

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
There really not much reason for GT, or anyone outside of the top 10-12 teams, to play a top 10-12 team anymore. College football has never been this top heavy.
No one in the ACC with the possible exception of UNC and Miami depending on what kind of shape their heads are that day can stay on the field with any of the elite teams. They are just way too much more talented across the board especially in both lines. If Tech played Ohio State or Clemson ten times we would lose all ten. IIWII and it is not going to change in the near future as long as those teams simply buy the players they want.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Running back? I will take that guy Ohio State had. He is awesome. The real difference between the teams is the Buckeye lines were much better. I think they can beat Alabama but Fields will have to again play lights out. I am not sure he can do it twice.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
So satisfying to see Dabo get his *** handed to him after what happened when we played them earlier.

The “football” response is to put a helmet on Lawrence if they throw down the field when they’ve already won.

We didn’t do it so that’s on us.

/

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
So satisfying to see Dabo get his *** handed to him after what happened when we played them earlier.

And go Buckeyes - hope they do exactly the same to Alabama, but score even MORE points.
I kept telling people that. After how bad they crushed us, I say screw Clemson