Good news :)

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
We are (as of today) 19 weeks from the
Start of spring practice. :)
Look at the depth we will have at RB and QB. I'M liking what I see.
This spring will be an awesome time with CNW having his sophomore season to implement more schemes.

It's hard to believe that our regular season is winding down.
The kiddo and I are looking forward to post season football (rather than sitting at home) and calling the season a success.

Happy Thanksgiving Swarm Family.

I appreciate your optimism, but I'm not ready to start looking forward to next season.

Tomorrow is Senior Day. Obviously, TaQuon will start and should. Whether our plan to defeat Bronco's D includes playing more of Tobias is to be determined. I can see it going that way. The Senior Day story to watch is Will Bryan. I don't know or understand what's happened there, but he's been one of my favorite players, and I hope that whatever the school/team/health situation is still allows him to start and play.

I look forward to going into Athens with another win (as you say, Happy Thanksgiving Swarm family). Our O will score at will, and their O will crack under the pressure.

We go to Orlando for the Tangerine Bowl at 8-4, having won 7 of our last 8. The campers choose us because we look so good. We dominate our opponent. The extra time for bowl preparation has allowed CNW to install more of his D (stop giggling @Milwaukee). Even though our bowl opponent is higher ranked, the game isn't even close. Announcers get bored with saying how the other team can't stop us. They start discussing Disney World trivia. James Graham gets the game ball having played the entire second half because TM and TO couldn't be stopped (okay, I added that last sentence for @MikeJackets1967 and anyone else who chose to read until the end).

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I appreciate your optimism, but I'm not ready to start looking forward to next season.

Tomorrow is Senior Day. Obviously, TaQuon will start and should. Whether our plan to defeat Bronco's D includes playing more of Tobias is to be determined. I can see it going that way. The Senior Day story to watch is Will Bryan. I don't know or understand what's happened there, but he's been one of my favorite players, and I hope that whatever the school/team/health situation is still allows him to start and play.

I look forward to going into Athens with another win (as you say, Happy Thanksgiving Swarm family). Our O will score at will, and their O will crack under the pressure.

We go to Orlando for the Tangerine Bowl at 8-4, having won 7 of our last 8. The campers choose us because we look so good. We dominate our opponent. The extra time for bowl preparation has allowed CNW to install more of his D (stop giggling @Milwaukee). Even though our bowl opponent is higher ranked, the game isn't even close. Announcers get bored with saying how the other team can't stop us. They start discussing Disney World trivia. James Graham gets the game ball having played the entire second half because TM and TO couldn't be stopped (okay, I added that last sentence for @MikeJackets1967 and anyone else who chose to read until the end).
The Camping World Bowl against Iowa State would be a great destination for an 8-4 GT team;)

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
The OL is looking good, too. We lose Bryan and Marshall, but Lee, Braun, Cooper, Ivemeyer, Brad Morgan, and Scott Morgan are all going to be seniors next year. We could have an all-senior starting OL.
You forgot Hansen and Quinney. Also Smith, Clark, DeFoor, McKeehan, Morgan Jr., Maye, Jump, Minihan, and Tufele could also contribute. And you might have noticed something I did; all of these people are bigger then usual. I think we could average 290 - 295 on the OL next year and the backups could be even bigger. This I like.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Carpenter was a 2 star.

Edit: Charlie Thomas and Malachi Carter could have easily been 4 stars as well.
I understand what you're implying about Carter and Thomas, but they weren't 4-star bubble guys per the rankings. Henderson and Askew were both 5.7 on Rivals, a 4-star is a 5.8. I used Henderson as an example because 247 actually had him ranked above Tre Swilling, and ESPN had him as a 4-star.

Briton Allen is an example of a current 4-star bubble guy. He's the 15th best 3-star on 247, .1 away from a fourth star on Rivals, and ranked as the 212th best player by ESPN.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
You forgot Hansen and Quinney. Also Smith, Clark, DeFoor, McKeehan, Morgan Jr., Maye, Jump, Minihan, and Tufele could also contribute. And you might have noticed something I did; all of these people are bigger then usual. I think we could average 290 - 295 on the OL next year and the backups could be even bigger. This I like.

Indeed, Hanson and Quinney will be major contributors, probably as starters. It probably won't be an all-senior starting OL. Promising backups, too. I'm especially confident about the C and G positions (if they stay healthy), but waiting to see about the tackles. As the OL goes, so go the Jackets. If any one segment of the team is most important, it is the OL, IMO.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

Really great post.
Wish I could write like u!
Your observation on Bryan is keen.

Lots of water under bridge w klock, Bryan and morgans and to some extent Lee.
(Klock who played tackle suddenly departed after 16 w 2 years left - after starting as r freshmen. He is quite happy he moved to NW ).
Let's hope the good and not the bad gt finishes strong so the depth at ol can remain strong.

If they need a quick rg or tackle Bryan has been ready since Clemson. He wasn't needed against zero win Louisville and damn near zero win b green. Also wasn't needed against brain dead Vt defense.

The experience of Lee and Bryan could be very useful in the next games where we play against 2 =Win lot of games teams".

Love tour write up of the Tangerine bowl.