Good news :)

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
We are (as of today) 19 weeks from the
Start of spring practice. :)
Look at the depth we will have at RB and QB. I'M liking what I see.
This spring will be an awesome time with CNW having his sophomore season to implement more schemes.

It's hard to believe that our regular season is winding down.
The kiddo and I are looking forward to post season football (rather than sitting at home) and calling the season a success.

Happy Thanksgiving Swarm Family.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
We are (as of today) 19 weeks from the
Start of spring practice. :)
Look at the depth we will have at RB and QB. I'M liking what I see.
This spring will be an awesome time with CNW having his sophomore season to implement more schemes.

It's hard to believe that our regular season is winding down.
The kiddo and I are looking forward to post season football (rather than sitting at home) and calling the season a success.

Happy Thanksgiving Swarm Family.

The OL is looking good, too. We lose Bryan and Marshall, but Lee, Braun, Cooper, Ivemeyer, Brad Morgan, and Scott Morgan are all going to be seniors next year. We could have an all-senior starting OL.

5277hike

Jolly Good Fellow
The OL is looking good, too. We lose Bryan and Marshall, but Lee, Braun, Cooper, Ivemeyer, Brad Morgan, and Scott Morgan are all going to be seniors next year. We could have an all-senior starting OL.
I think Ivemeyer said that he was leaving also.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
This will be the best OL GT has had since 2014:cool:
LOL...we hear that every year right ;)

best OL
Look at all the returners blah blah blah...then we start 1-3

same story another year.

Hopefully this time the D continues to make strides in bowl practices and off season and some of those things do actually happen....vs...the typical offseason hero stories.

GT_EE78

Banned
LOL...we hear that every year right ;)

best OL
Look at all the returners blah blah blah...then we start 1-3

same story another year.

Hopefully this time the D continues to make strides in bowl practices and off season and some of those things do actually happen....vs...the typical offseason hero stories.
hopefully we're getting better talent than the usual 3star guys this year, but i'm afraid i'll jinx it so i haven't looked lately.finding a QB that can do a little passing would make a big difference.Go jackets.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
hopefully we're getting better talent than the usual 3star guys this year, but i'm afraid i'll jinx it so i haven't looked lately.finding a QB that can do a little passing would make a big difference.Go jackets.

All 3-stars so-far

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Recruiting ratings are a farce if GT's recruits went somewhere like Tennessee or Auburn they would be given 4 stars;)

That might happen, but in general, 4 star guys and 5 star guys are better than the general population of 3 star guys. Are there 3 star guys that could probably be 4 star guys? Of course. And, occasionally a kid is "over-ranked", but that is seldom.

My problem, and GT's problem (not new, always been a problem since these rating systems came out), is that we really cannot land any guys that have already been rated that high - a top 250 in the country type talent. It makes it very hard, as GT is forced to find the 3-star guys that are actually on the top end of that group, and on the DL (and what is really distressing, in the LB's also), we have much difficultly getting even the "upper half" 3 star guys. The 3 star category is HUGE in quantity.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
That might happen, but in general, 4 star guys and 5 star guys are better than the general population of 3 star guys. Are there 3 star guys that could probably be 4 star guys? Of course. And, occasionally a kid is "over-ranked", but that is seldom.

My problem, and GT's problem (not new, always been a problem since these rating systems came out), is that we really cannot land any guys that have already been rated that high - a top 250 in the country type talent. It makes it very hard, as GT is forced to find the 3-star guys that are actually on the top end of that group, and on the DL (and what is really distressing, in the LB's also), we have much difficultly getting even the "upper half" 3 star guys. The 3 star category is HUGE in quantity.
BJS, Tre Swilling, Kaleb Oliver, Justice Dingle, James Graham, Gentry Bonds, Jaylon King. All 4-star guys in the last two years per Rivals.

Chimedza was a 4-star until he committed to us and mysteriously dropped to a 3-star. Jaquan Henderson was a 3/4-star bubble guy.

For what it's worth, Juanyeh Thomas and Tariq Carpenter look like the two of the most athletic guys on the field, and they were both 3-stars. I also consistently get them confused, because they are almost the exact same size and wear 28 and 29 respectively.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
BJS, Tre Swilling, Kaleb Oliver, Justice Dingle, James Graham, Gentry Bonds, Jaylon King. All 4-star guys in the last two years per Rivals.

Chimedza was a 4-star until he committed to us and mysteriously dropped to a 3-star. Jaquan Henderson was a 3/4-star bubble guy.

For what it's worth, Juanyeh Thomas and Tariq Carpenter look like the two of the most athletic guys on the field, and they were both 3-stars. I also consistently get them confused, because they are almost the exact same size and wear 28 and 29 respectively.
Tre Swilling will be All ACC in 2019:cool:

THWG

Helluva Engineer

Carpenter was a 2 star.

Edit: Charlie Thomas and Malachi Carter could have easily been 4 stars as well.