Good News/Bad News

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Actually the people were very friendly. Once they realized she had an associates degree and saw her gpa, it was an easy decision for them. The application just wasn't set up for students in her situation, so they were treating her as if she were a true freshman.
Awesome news. Shes a lucky girl that earned it by working hard. No doubt she has a bright future ahead.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Couldn't be more happy for you. Honestly, that's one of the things that I think Tech falls behind in...legacies. I have always believed that Tech should give legacy students preferential treatment. If it's a close decision between a legacy and another student, the vote should always go in favor of the legacy.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Actually the people were very friendly. Once they realized she had an associates degree and saw her gpa, it was an easy decision for them. The application just wasn't set up for students in her situation, so they were treating her as if she were a true freshman.

When you listed her accomplishments and credentials it kinda blew my mind that GT wouldn't accept someone with her background. I'm pretty sure she's more accomplished than the majority of incoming freshmen regardless of test scores.

Glad you guys took it to the next level and made them look twice. Another example perseverance and going after what you want paying off. Congrats to you both!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Congratulations. From what you have said, she sounds like she will stay on for her masters. In EE, I dont know that a PhD is worthwhile, but there is a great combined Maters/PhD program at GT.

Both my kids were accepted and one went. Both are doing great (there is life outside of GT). Given where your daughter is, she will do fine anywhere. Congratulations!!

Animal02

Banned
Couldn't be more happy for you. Honestly, that's one of the things that I think Tech falls behind in...legacies. I have always believed that Tech should give legacy students preferential treatment. If it's a close decision between a legacy and another student, the vote should always go in favor of the legacy.

Yes.....I agree.....but them you will have some people cry racism.......(they did that at U of Mich which as been integrated since the 1800's)

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
When you listed her accomplishments and credentials it kinda blew my mind that GT wouldn't accept someone with her background. I'm pretty sure she's more accomplished than the majority of incoming freshmen regardless of test scores.

Glad you guys took it to the next level and made them look twice. Another example perseverance and going after what you want paying off. Congrats to you both!
Perseverance and persistence... synonymous. Here's what Calvin Coolidge had to say about "Persistence."

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
That is great to here 91! Really happy for her and your family!

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Perseverance and persistence... synonymous. Here's what Calvin Coolidge had to say about "Persistence."

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."

That's a great quote. Thank you for posting that. I'm going to use that with my baseball team. Thanks again.