Golf team starting strong

GT33

Helluva Engineer
..... we win and we get to watch the tarhole mugging on the camera with the whispering chick

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Wonder if Bruce will pair up Steelman vs Biondi tomorrow for a grudge match.
They should know Steelman will be the anchor. Will be interesting to see who they put in their anchor spot to face him. We need Christo to get back on his game. If he can get off to a good start and get back his confidence, he can win his match.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Lineup is set for tomorrow

Screenshot_20230530-230706_Chrome.jpg

Lamprecht has to win tomorrow.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I would not bet against Hiroshi....he has been incredibly strong in the latter parts of the year and in the playoffs; and only a freshman!
That's good to know. I've only known of him for the past two days actually. Although I've regularly checked in on the team throughout the year and watched the PGA Tour U rankings on the The Golf Channel it's only been Steelman and maybe Lambrecht as the standouts on the team. But watching them all these past two days, like you suggested, I'm not counting any of them out.

Go Jackets.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I would not bet against Hiroshi....he has been incredibly strong in the latter parts of the year and in the playoffs; and only a freshman!
He's older than a usual freshman. Spent two mandatory years in the military. He is much more mature than most freshmen and has come on strong the end of the season. I don't think he will be intimidated and may be even more motivated.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Should be a great match up. A lot strong pairings. The steelman vs Castillo match should be really good.

I know forrester is considered prob our 4/5 guy but that guy is super clutch in big spots. His win yesterday and in the ACC champ was huge.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Just wondering if any of you who have participated in competitive golf prefer match vs. stroke play?

I lean to stroke play as I am (or more accurately, was) usually the grinding, steady-eddy type of consistent golfer who wasn't going to make a lot of birdies and eagles but wasn't going to make any big numbers either. In match play I would always hate the guy with the approximate same handicap who had 5 birdies and three double or triple bogies during the round. Since each hole counts the same I never felt like I had any leverage in match play. Your thoughts?

BTW, go Jackets!!!!!