Gofundme to hire a new DJ

slugboy

Staff member
While we’re discussing this
  • Aside from one-off occasions like the “all the way turnt up” night, does the DJ motivate the players? The songs do nothing for me as a fan. On the other hand, I never enjoyed the organist playing “charge” at baseball games—I thought the crowd was it’s own thing, and I don’t want to be bossed around by someone in the booth
  • Likewise, if we can’t figure out to make noise on 3rd down, do we need a hint from the matrix board?
  • I’d be happy with the bands, and possibly a supporters section like at Soccer games.
  • One exception—UGA’s band. They can stay home for games at our stadium. They’re just rude,

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I think the gameplay planning is just scattershot. I don't see any real plan, at least any that I can understand.
In my opinion, things ran a lot better last night.

• The sound quality wasn't perfect, but it was much, much better than any other game this year. Volume was acceptable, and the EQ was better than previously.
  • The PA announcer didn't make mistakes that I recall. (He did call a first down one time that wasn't a first down, but the video board operator also thought it was a first down, and a lot of the fans before he announced that.)
  • They used the video board several times to play videos that highlighted the history of GT football.
  • Things seemed to be more planned out than simply sporadic.
The sound system did play music over the band on third down at least a few times. I am not a big fan of the on field DJ/Host.

Things can still be done better, but last night's in game presentation was much better than it has been.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
The sound system did play music over the band on third down at least a few times. I am not a big fan of the on field DJ/Host.
Ditto. Get rid of that goofball, he's completely unecessary and frankly sucks.

Also, all the crappy remixed versions of songs, wish we would just play the originals. The originals were already really good! Quite a few they played last night sounded like a good song with a dial-up connection overlayed at 200 dB.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
While we’re discussing this
  • Aside from one-off occasions like the “all the way turnt up” night, does the DJ motivate the players? The songs do nothing for me as a fan. On the other hand, I never enjoyed the organist playing “charge” at baseball games—I thought the crowd was it’s own thing, and I don’t want to be bossed around by someone in the booth
  • Likewise, if we can’t figure out to make noise on 3rd down, do we need a hint from the matrix board?
  • I’d be happy with the bands, and possibly a supporters section like at Soccer games.
  • One exception—UGA’s band. They can stay home for games at our stadium. They’re just rude,
You really need to stop this.

I end up agreeing with EVERYTHING you say and that is messing with my personal identity.

slugboy

Staff member
You really need to stop this.

I end up agreeing with EVERYTHING you say and that is messing with my personal identity.
The Big Bang Theory Young Sheldon GIF by CBS

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
The night game production was so good last night. Loved the LED light shows and the DJ was very responsive to what worked (outside of drowning out a great, organic YELLOW JACKETS chant). The crowd ate up that Seven Nations Army dubstep mix. Last night’s game made me borderline emotional at multiple parts from pre-game to field rush.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
The night game production was so good last night. Loved the LED light shows and the DJ was very responsive to what worked (outside of drowning out a great, organic YELLOW JACKETS chant). The crowd ate up that Seven Nations Army dubstep mix. Last night’s game made me borderline emotional at multiple parts from pre-game to field rush.
Jack White in whatever iteration gets the pulse going.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Just a reminder - for those of you who felt things were better this game, might be worth sending J Batt a quick email to let him know. Most of us are willing to complain when something annoys us - far fewer of us hand out gold stars when we see something improve. When people do that, the person in control of that thing notices it a lot more…and most importantly, keeps improving it.

A few short words in an email is all it takes.
😎

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
I have now heard Brent Key specifically mention at least three times that the music in the stadium was a big part of what he thought made the atmosphere so great on Saturday.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Still a lot of music being played over the band. It's like they can't communicate or something and I find that to be ridiculous.

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Aside from the loss, Bobby Dodd is close to losing loyal fans. My grandpa has bought our 5 season tickets for 30+ years, and we have gone to pretty much all home games in the worst of years (Collins)
My grandpa started complaining about music choice and volume in the last couple years. It was bad but part of the “culture” so we wrote it off for recruiting. But,
This past couple home games have been an absolute ear violation in every way. The attempts at compiling modern songs at max volume has left us, and the people around us, simply covering our ears and shaking our heads. After all the years, up and down, I have never heard my grandpa mention disliking the atmosphere. Today he told me “can you actually consider this music?” and that it’s so unpleasant he doesn’t think he can do it anymore. He said this while we were winning, so it wasn’t an emotional lash-out.
I feel like I can speak for the youngish fans and say I absolutely despise the music. But I have to ask, who is it for? Are we trying to appeal and to the college age kids and just doing a terrible job? It’s seriously SO bad. There is zero chance the kids like the full on treble violence that comes from the speakers that are decibels from leaving the stadium full of bleeding ears.
Batt. If you’re reading this, please at least crank it down a notch.

I second and third this. We gave up our season tickets several seasons (before C#@#$ns) ago. This was not the only reason but it was a BIG one! Having to listen to that horrifically loud noise (not music) is simply unbearable.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I have now heard Brent Key specifically mention at least three times that the music in the stadium was a big part of what he thought made the atmosphere so great on Saturday.

Its purely a recruiting thing. The kids want music like they do in the league. Not bands. It is what it is.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I think the gameplay planning is just scattershot. I don't see any real plan, at least any that I can understand.

I always bring up the ND in game experience, but they do it extremely well. They do the same thing every opponent third down. They do the same thing every third down stop. They do the same thing on every ND first down. They do the same thing every time the opponent has a false start, offsides, etc. The PA guy knows what to do. The band leaders know what to do. The guy running the video board knows what to do. It is almost like they make a plan, then have gameplay planning/strategy sessions with all of the people involved so that they are all coordinated. Sarcasm intended. GT gameday looks haphazard.
I agree with this second paragraph. We need to be more consistent and even add some more traditions. Maybe a cheer lead or hype guy/girl for the student section. Lead cheers for the “swarming of the jackets” like the “calling of the dogs” or other cheers other teams have.

Just the “yellow” and “jackets” more often. We just need more consistency and more things to get the crowd involved.