Godhigh to Falcons?

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Oh I agree. But I think he'll have to do like Doug Flutie and go to the CFL and light it up there. If he does that, someone will give him a shot in the NFL. I just don't think his skillset is suited for pro ball. But I would love to be wrong because the kid is a baller and an absolute inspiration.
Nothing wrong with playing up north first. Our Shawn Jones spent his entire career there.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
I told you guys.....despite the love that we, as GT fans have for him, Robbie is small and didn't run a great 40 time. His measurables are not impressive.

He may get a tryout with a team but he will not make an NFL team's roster.
Reggie Ball made Detroit's roster!!!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Reggie Ball made Detroit's roster!!!

Reggie Ball was a pretty darn good athlete. He made Detroit's roster as a slot WR.

I think he would have been great in CPJ's offense as a QB or AB. For all his faults, one thing you couldn't take from him was his toughness and tenacity. My favorite Reggie moment was against UGA. He was running towards the sideline and Bruce Thornton (a future 4th round pick of the Cowboys) was coming straight towards him with bad intentions. Instead of running out of bounds, Ball lowered his shoulders and put Thornton on his a$$.

It's a shame people remember Ball for wrong reasons. That guy left a lot on the field for GT.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Reggie Ball was a pretty darn good athlete. He made Detroit's roster as a slot WR.

I think he would have been great in CPJ's offense as a QB or AB. For all his faults, one thing you couldn't take from him was his toughness and tenacity. My favorite Reggie moment was against UGA. He was running towards the sideline and Bruce Thornton (a future 4th round pick of the Cowboys) was coming straight towards him with bad intentions. Instead of running out of bounds, Ball lowered his shoulders and put Thornton on his a$$.

It's a shame people remember Ball for wrong reasons. That guy left a lot on the field for GT.

Thank you thank you thank you!!! I have felt like the only one for years. I remember every head-scratching decision as well, but I'll never forget how hard RB played. And I agree, he would have been perfect for this offense. People forget what a cannon he had. The 80 yard bomb to Nate Curry in the Champs Sports Bowl was awesome. With his tough running, slipperiness, and big arm, it would have been fun.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer

Thank you for this. Some like to get hung up on bad plays, I'd rather celebrate hustle and toughness like this play.