Go Army

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Fwiw, Houston plays in the same division as Navy. The announcer saying that they don't see this O is uninformed.

I hope CGC is successful, but if he VanGorders our move from the flexbone spread option, I hope Monken is our next coach. Again, I hope CGC proves my fears wrong and is successful.

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Thanks
Eight minutes, 75 yards, seven points. As for Monken, there is a reality to the perception of this offense. Johnson probably will be the only P5 coach to run it. No school will buy into it, which leaves Monken with second tier -- the Temples or such -- for advancement. Not saying they would not do it, but almost saying that. Monken might be at Army a long time, as Coach Nhoweveryouspellit is at Navy. The big plus to the academies is that you can recruit as many human beings as you can get admitted, and the discipline makes coaching a lot easier, not to mention that desperate battle to the end philosophy the players develop.

I don't know how anyone can watch this and say that this is a "boring" style of offense. Today's football in general is boring. Linemen stand up and lean on each other. No line surge at all. Every team can call there offense what they want to (Pro, Spread, etc...), it's basically the same and it's boring to me.
I love one of the announcers saying something like - if your a football purists you just have to love how that army O line works with precision; maybe the most precision in all of football. Count me as a football purist