Go Army

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Wouldn't be so sure. We were the most likely school to hire him away. Not sure any Power 5's will be looking at him and doubt he will make a lateral move.

But Go Army, yes!

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
If Army wins Monken won't be there much longer
Eight minutes, 75 yards, seven points. As for Monken, there is a reality to the perception of this offense. Johnson probably will be the only P5 coach to run it. No school will buy into it, which leaves Monken with second tier -- the Temples or such -- for advancement. Not saying they would not do it, but almost saying that. Monken might be at Army a long time, as Coach Nhoweveryouspellit is at Navy. The big plus to the academies is that you can recruit as many human beings as you can get admitted, and the discipline makes coaching a lot easier, not to mention that desperate battle to the end philosophy the players develop.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I’ve said it before. The HC job at the academies is better than any other HC job anywhere. You’d be crazy to walk away. Bet you CPJ would tell you the same.

FrostedOrange

Jolly Good Fellow
Monken is making bank up there, living rent free. Minimum expectations from fan base. He'd be an idiot to leave. Especially because cpj retirement has pretty much squashed 3-0 at P5 level

Towers

Georgia Tech Fan
Houston may not have seen the 3O much if at all. The teams we played were getting used to defending it.

GTThor

Jolly Good Fellow
I'll start by saying that I will love GT football no matter what. It's in my blood.
Also loved Paul Johnson and his offense. He is an incredible person. Man of his word and great character.

Saying all that, watching Army today makes me wander if we made a mistake not hiring Jeff Monken. I hope Coach Collins wins multiple ACC championships and a National Championship, but Coach Monken is a great coach and we haven't been the same since he left.

GTThor

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't know how anyone can watch this and say that this is a "boring" style of offense. Today's football in general is boring. Linemen stand up and lean on each other. No line surge at all. Every team can call there offense what they want to (Pro, Spread, etc...), it's basically the same and it's boring to me.