Go Army

charles

Jolly Good Fellow
Collins better be damn good for Stansbury not to even consider Monken after this debacle; I believe Houston runs some similiar offense as Collins at Temple and they shut them down; Oh well we will see next season; I am just wondering what kind leash Stansbury will give collins if they don't make a bowl next year

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Monken is f'ing great coach. Probably the best coach in the CPJ tree INCLUDING CPJ. IMO, easily one of the top 10 coaches from a pure coaching standpoint in college football the last 2 years.

That said, lot of dumb takes in this thread.

slugboy

Staff member
They were so close to knocking off Oklahoma. What a season that would have been.
And they were 7 points from setting a bowl record, and I think they could have done it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I’ve said it before. The HC job at the academies is better than any other HC job anywhere. You’d be crazy to walk away. Bet you CPJ would tell you the same.
Monken indicated toward the end at GSU he was missing academy football. As for Johnson, yeah, I think so.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Thanks

I love one of the announcers saying something like - if your a football purists you just have to love how that army O line works with precision; maybe the most precision in all of football. Count me as a football purist
Did you hear the bozo Saturday explaining the option as alignment "symmetry": when you see one of the slot backs further outside, that means the option is going the other way"? I wonder if he even talked to Monken about it. (You do have to admit if he said something like "military precision" then he was right on.)