Glad you asked

MacDaddy2

Jolly Good Fellow
CPJ is in season # 10 here at the flats. How has he done against the 3 teams that is most important in winning the Coastal division and advancing to the ACC championship game:

Clemson 4-6
Miami 2-8
VT 3-6 (with 3-7 looming in around six days)

Cumulatively that is 9-20 (soon to be 21). The expectation here is we need to rise to .500 against these three if we expect to regularly compete for a division title. If we do not set an expectation for our coach to regulates compete for the division title we should drop the program altogether and become Georgetown.

GaTechNation

Georgia Tech Fan

It does but every game is important to winning the coastal. I’m not sure what his record is against overall ACC but I bet it’s decent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MacDaddy2

Jolly Good Fellow
The most important games every year are your 8 conference games. The deck was stacked to favor VT as they draw BC every year while GT is stuck with Clemson and Miami is stuck with FSU. On average that gives VT around a half a game advantage over us in the division race and around 0.3 games advantage over Miami (not that hey have taken advantage of that). Its a new day in Coral Gables and Miami is about to be the Coastal beast that was expected when they joined the ACC.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
CPJ is in season # 10 here at the flats. How has he done against the 3 teams that is most important in winning the Coastal division and advancing to the ACC championship game:

Clemson 4-6
Miami 2-8

Cumulatively that is 9-20 (soon to be 21). The expectation here is we need to rise to .500 against these three if we expect to regularly compete for a division title. If we do not set an expectation for our coach to regulates compete for the division title we should drop the program altogether and become Georgetown.
Let's also set an exspectation for the athletic program in proving a larger staff, money, and facilities. And while we're at it, set a standard for the school to create more majors, and atleast a few without calculus as a requirement. That way our exspectations we set on CPJ can be realistic. I don't get it. What do some of y'all expect? We don't bring in the recruiting classes like these other teams, and we are WAY behind the ball in other areas compared to the teams we lose to on a consistent basis. Oh by the way we have way more acccg appearances than Miami.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
VT is able to put together a decent defense, and attract players capable of competing at a high level every year. What makes you think GT can't do the same?

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I’m glad some of you have already mailed in the VT game. How about going to the locker room or practice & telling the guys they suck and there’s no point even playing because they’re going to get creamed?
Yeah, its silly. This is a very winnable game. VT isn't that great. We obviously can't play like we did this past weekend but we have a good chance here.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
I'm not sure what some of you all want to do. Where is the money for the 1mil buy out per year for CPJ?
I'm more of the thought that pressure needs to be put on CPJ to fix the bleeding. CPJ can't fix though the budget issues or the academic issues for recruitment.

Again though I asked this earlier what has changed during CPJs tenure or even since the 2014 season? Is it the coaching or is it that the ACC has gotten better around us?
Part of me thinks that its something with the coaching and part the ACC.
I think this year is just a weird year. We had a pretty interesting start with the 2 bye weeks and now I just feel that Clemson beat us twice.

I'm just as miffed as many of you all are and Im not sure what should be done, I feel like the program is just sorta stuck. It all falls on CPJ and his ability to get this team ready and back on track.
I think this team can pull off wins the rest of the season, if and only if they can shake this and rebound.

JanKemp

Georgia Tech Fan

Clemson 4-6
Miami 2-8

PJ is 5-17 in his last 22 games vs top 25 teams

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
PJ is 5-17 in his last 22 games vs top 25 teams

You guys keep posting these kind of stats. What do you think should be done knowing the limitations we have from budget to academics etc. Many of us are pissed, hell some of us also went through the Gailey years and this isn't near as bad, but this is Tech
Try looking at these stats before CPJ, they were not much better.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer

Clemson 4-6
Miami 2-8

If we are gonna drop football, about 2/3 of the P5 schools should do the same.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Try looking at these stats before CPJ, they were not much better.

For the purposes of conversation, we are at risk of having a 3rd losing season in CPJ's tenure (or 30%). Look at the data. Outside of the ill fated B*** L**** era, look at how many of those we have had since Bobby Ross's 3rd season. And Ross didn't exactly inherit the situation that Paul did here on the Flats. 30% is alarming.