getting past a pay wall...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I haven’t seen anything on that site worth reading in months. Everything of interest is behind the paywall. I just come here and get the details anyways. Sucks because KS did a decent job writing about GT even if his interview skills are terrible.

Are you sure there is stuff worth reading behind the paywall? Outside the paywall their website is horrific. I have clicked on links to a story and been taken to a totally different and unrelated story. The descriptions don't match the links, and I couldn't find the story that goes with the description. They have a lot of "videos" that are stock images with three or four sentence fragments moving across the images. I don't understand those videos because I could read at least a couple of paragraphs during the time it takes to watch them and get the same amount of information that you get from a headline. About 10 percent of the time that I read one of their news posts, it has misspellings or grammar errors. About 20 percent of the time, they don't have such errors, but in the first few comments someone described such errors that were then fixed before I read it.

I would have a subscription if they delivered to my zip code. They deliver to all of the zip codes on three sides of mine, but not mine. However, I'm not going to spend even $1 a month on paywall access to their website that I consider very sub par.

Status
Not open for further replies.