Getting out there, being out there, consistently.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Well, ol Geoff Collins better win a lot, a lotta football games to back up his marketing acumen.

We will see how it goes over the next five years.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Why would you call out @Whiskey_Clear and @Animal02 like that? They’re two of my favorite contributors even though I don’t always agree with them. Their posts are usually thought provoking at the very least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I apologize. I had spent some time in the Skyclub this morning and had knocked a few back. I had just finished a thread(MB) that had been a little heavy with their replies. That’s all.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I think GT is in a solid position to build up the brand. I’m in South Georgia. This is UGA, FSU, and Auburn territory. What I’ve noticed recently from the sidewalk folks is that UGA, for all it’s success, is being labeled as chokers and under performers. I know we’ve always used that talking point, but to hear sidewalk UGA fans say it has me quietly smiling. FSU is a dumpster fire and the fans know there is no hope until they muster the courage to fire their coach. Most expect he’ll be given 2 more years to fail. Auburn sidewalk fans are looking elsewhere. The two teams I note that folks are talking about are Florida and GT. Mullen is a known SEC commodity who had a solid year. None of the folks down here know who Collins is, but they know GT is getting more press than during the season and I’ve heard more than once that “your coach is interesting”.

My point is that things are lining up to give GT a chance to turn around our perception. UGA will continue to win a lot of ball games, but like what happened to the Braves, every year they fail to win the big one they’ll add to their negative perception. I’m hoping by the time Collins gets his players UGA will have choked away a few more years and Kirby will start getting the Richt treatment while Collins comes into his own. I’m praying for a Washington/Ohio State national championship game!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I have noticed this lately with CGC and Tstan as of late. I feel that we are consistently in the news cycle, Twitter, Fb or in one way or the other.

I know that the NFL does this by having combine, draft, practice, waiver/trade during dead periods. If we keep plugging into people's thoughts in this manner Than I'm pretty excited about the "buzz" we will continually bring. It's refreshing af

Sure we had great coaching but I think in the next few years we will be stocked with jimmies and joes and can **** up those relying on X's and O's.

Just a thought.
If clear whiskey an second animal could refrain from posting in this thread I would appreciate it.

Georgia Tech football- neither tech nor Georgia
Talk amongst yourselves.

Gotta have jimmies and joes AND Xs and Os. And you can take your thought and.....well, use your imagination. ;)

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
You must enjoy having thoughts such as: 'this isn't a rebuild', 'it's all hype', 'we're cheapening BDS', 'we never have and never will be able to get those type of recruits', and ':rolleyes:' over and over and over again. I haven't seen many other thoughts provoked.

You don’t look very far past what you dislike apparently. Your prerogative.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
Will we be "out there" when I our AD is knee deep in a lawsuit with our women's BB coach.? Hopefully this gets resolved, but as much as I love FB, our AD has responsibility for the whole AA.