Getting out there, being out there, consistently.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I have noticed this lately with CGC and Tstan as of late. I feel that we are consistently in the news cycle, Twitter, Fb or in one way or the other.

I know that the NFL does this by having combine, draft, practice, waiver/trade during dead periods. If we keep plugging into people's thoughts in this manner Than I'm pretty excited about the "buzz" we will continually bring. It's refreshing af

Sure we had great coaching but I think in the next few years we will be stocked with jimmies and joes and can **** up those relying on X's and O's.

Just a thought.
If clear whiskey an second animal could refrain from posting in this thread I would appreciate it.

Georgia Tech football- neither tech nor Georgia
Talk amongst yourselves.

DH9387

Jolly Good Fellow
I was actually talking about this with my wife the other day. It seems likes CGC has made media coverage a priority and it would not surprise me if he is planning something along the lines of one press conference worthy news release a month. That way the conversation around Georgia Tech Football never really dies during the off-season and we are constantly being put in front of the local populace. After watching the MBS press conference, it seems like the deal had basically been done for a few weeks now and that they purposely waited to announce it so that the signing day commotion could die down and they could get basically uninterrupted news coverage.

Animal02

Banned
I have noticed this lately with CGC and Tstan as of late. I feel that we are consistently in the news cycle, Twitter, Fb or in one way or the other.

I know that the NFL does this by having combine, draft, practice, waiver/trade during dead periods. If we keep plugging into people's thoughts in this manner Than I'm pretty excited about the "buzz" we will continually bring. It's refreshing af

Sure we had great coaching but I think in the next few years we will be stocked with jimmies and joes and can **** up those relying on X's and O's.

Just a thought.
If clear whiskey an second animal could refrain from posting in this thread I would appreciate it.

Talk amongst yourselves.
Nothing like violating the TOS with your post. You'll don't get to dictate who replyies

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
No such thing. I repeat: there is no such thing. If there was then FSZoo wouldn't be the dumpster fire it presently is.

Now, I'm betting that Coach - who came up under O'Leary/Friedgen - knows better. Scheme is always important, especially at a place like Tech. Our better coaches have always been offensive innovators. Helps equalize things.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I was actually talking about this with my wife the other day. It seems likes CGC has made media coverage a priority and it would not surprise me if he is planning something along the lines of one press conference worthy news release a month. That way the conversation around Georgia Tech Football never really dies during the off-season and we are constantly being put in front of the local populace. After watching the MBS press conference, it seems like the deal had basically been done for a few weeks now and that they purposely waited to announce it so that the signing day commotion could die down and they could get basically uninterrupted news coverage.

Following on this thought, I believe Legends of The Flats Day is end of March, followed by the Spring Game in April.

Wonder what we'll do in May?

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

Just a thought.

Talk amongst yourselves.

Why would you call out @Whiskey_Clear and @Animal02 like that? They’re two of my favorite contributors even though I don’t always agree with them. Their posts are usually thought provoking at the very least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
Why would you call out @Whiskey_Clear and @Animal02 like that? They’re two of my favorite contributors even though I don’t always agree with them. Their posts are usually thought provoking at the very least.

You must enjoy having thoughts such as: 'this isn't a rebuild', 'it's all hype', 'we're cheapening BDS', 'we never have and never will be able to get those type of recruits', and ':rolleyes:' over and over and over again. I haven't seen many other thoughts provoked.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
You must enjoy having thoughts such as: 'this isn't a rebuild', 'it's all hype', 'we're cheapening BDS', 'we never have and never will be able to get those type of recruits', and ':rolleyes:' over and over and over again. I haven't seen many other thoughts provoked.

It’s helpful to listen to different perspectives and who is to say their points are wrong? We’ve seen some action on the part of the new coach and staff but we won’t know the results until, at a minimum, 192 days from now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Nothing like violating the TOS with your post. You'll don't get to dictate who replyies

He didn't dictate. He made a request...which you declined. lol. I agree it was poor form on OP's part, though. No need to bait each other, here.

Last edited:

Animal02

Banned
Collins is marketing well. I really hope it translates to the field. Atlanta is a fair weather town. If we win most of our games while having media eyes we will pick up some fair weather fans.
The problem with fair weather fans is you lose them at the slightest breeze. Wish more would be done wrt students to get them in their seats early and stay for the entire game. Getting those with ties to the school.areore likely ( and easier) to make life long fans. With attendance dropping across the entire college football landscape, and interest in football in general dropping, it will be one harder and harder to attract sidewalk fans.....it is time to really gear up with getting students in.....for all 4-5 years they are there.

I have not always agreed with @Whiskey_Clear, and I don't think I have ever met him. But I have met @Animal02, and I consider him a personal friend. They are both SOLID Tech fans of long standing (though not as long as me, @Animal02 would be quick to tell you --- LOL). Whether I agree with what they, are anybody, posts is really immaterial, as long as they keep their comments clean and informed. Both of these guys do that, and they make their posts because they CARE. I would hope everybody who posts on these threads cares, but not to be open to differing opinions, even if they are restated ad nauseum (like my hate navy blue ones --- LOL) shows a certain degree of naivete and disrespect.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Collins is marketing well. I really hope it translates to the field. Atlanta is a fair weather town. If we win most of our games while having media eyes we will pick up some fair weather fans.

As a marketer myself, I support Collins' approach. There are two basic strategies .... one is what I call transactional and a good example is running political ads 24/7 before an election. In other words, carpet bomb until the transaction. The second is transformational ... which means doing something consistently ... maybe every week.

Transactional is effective but virtually forgotten within weeks after the event. (Tests show the drop is 50% recall within a week.) GTAA does a lot of this with season tickets as the first Game Day approaches.

Transformational has less recall week to week (it dips), but the long-term trend is way up.

Moral ... if you are going to change what Atlanta thinks of Tech, you should be messaging consistently over a longer period of time.

I like it.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
I will also add, any kind of marketing and media coverage will beat what we have had for the past 11 years.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
True. And GT is fighting headwinds, not breezes.

And, this post by Ash really does sum it up for a lot of us. It does not mean you don't try to fight the headwinds and hope CGC has the magic potion, but you also don't stick your head in the sand like an ostrich afraid of hearing these truths about the difficulty.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
As a marketer myself, I support Collins' approach. There are two basic strategies .... one is what I call transactional and a good example is running political ads 24/7 before an election. In other words, carpet bomb until the transaction. The second is transformational ... which means doing something consistently ... maybe every week.

Transactional is effective but virtually forgotten within weeks after the event. (Tests show the drop is 50% recall within a week.) GTAA does a lot of this with season tickets as the first Game Day approaches.

Transformational has less recall week to week (it dips), but the long-term trend is way up.

Moral ... if you are going to change what Atlanta thinks of Tech, you should be messaging consistently over a longer period of time.

I like it.
Sr partner who was responsible for business devlopment, I agree this bd strategy. ( Of course the work productc needs to be good). Now we see THE TO PL GUY - stating the strategic vision via Twitter AND doing it in an excellent and relentless manner.

He is spreading the word he wants spread.

I am pretty sure he will get the students highly involved.
Way Before Baylor went off deep end - at the end of a long dry period they had 4 or so big12 games in 8 years. One of the first things Brilles did after being hired was to have the incoming freshmen class come to a private prep rally. He told them this was to be their team.

This guy is leading.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I know they shooting for top recruits out the gate but I’m not sure if that’s realistic without the recruits seeing the product. Here’s hoping for a good product.

DieselTeeth

Jolly Good Fellow
The problem with fair weather fans is you lose them at the slightest breeze. Wish more would be done wrt students to get them in their seats early and stay for the entire game. Getting those with ties to the school.areore likely ( and easier) to make life long fans. With attendance dropping across the entire college football landscape, and interest in football in general dropping, it will be one harder and harder to attract sidewalk fans.....it is time to really gear up with getting students in.....for all 4-5 years they are there.
GT needs all the fans it can get at this point and a great product on the field would go along way to keeping fair weather fans. Many of which are young kids in school picking the hot team, uniforms, peer pressure. These kids that have no affiliation with GT are swayed by wins and losses. Consistent top 25 finishes would galvanize most of the youth to stick with Tech through middle school, high school and beyond. As a sidewalk fan my self, GT's own alumni and student body need to rally around this staff and team before expecting so much from fairweather fans at the moment. This is definitely apparent in the around the 50 yard line in the $$ seats. GT's own have bailed on this program since the late 90's and become fair weather. The stadium has not been full since Gailey's team amd Reggie ball play Notre Dame