"Getting back to what we do...."

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
I agree, but there are always wrinkles that you can add w/o changing the offense. That fake toss, qb bootleg was a thing of beauty in the FSU game. Wish we had run it more.

It may be a matter of semantics, but I don't think those things are "added." CPJ has all of those plays and they are already part of the offense. Some he runs only rarely because they work best when they are run only rarely. Others he runs only rarely because they depend on what the defense is doing and the flow of the game. And some he runs only rarely because they are complex and we need the personnel to be able to do it properly. I am soooo excited about JT having two more years, because I think with his expanding knowledge and understanding of the offense, he will be able to run more and more of those unique plays on a more regular basis. It is impossible for even a redshirt sophomore QB to be able to understand and execute all that CPJ has in his head after 20+ years of coaching. It also takes a similarly experience O-line, which I also think we will have.

Oh, and :D:D:D

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
I would love to see some split screen video with Vad and Justin running some of the same plays just to see the difference in speed, footwork etc. The O has just looked amazing this season. It's been a real treat to watch.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
I would love to see some split screen video with Vad and Justin running some of the same plays just to see the difference in speed, footwork etc. The O has just looked amazing this season. It's been a real treat to watch.
I think that they would be light years apart as far as speed on the TO. Could be wrong, but it just seems like we run faster and more decisively now.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Maybe is is just me, but my impression is that JT makes the read much quicker.
Knock on wood
Sure the ol is better at stopping the crash the mesh , but JT is a mistro (point guard in high school ) at the dive read, pull give to bb, sprint out, read force, make cut or pitch, precise pitch. Compare the sloppy pitches and fumble. We are not BACK to what we do - we are TOO where we have wanted to be.
Coach wooden used to say - " be quick but don't hurry"
That's the definition of a TO qb.
He wears 15.

TheGridironGeek

Jolly Good Fellow
Knock on wood
Sure the ol is better at stopping the crash the mesh , but JT is a mistro (point guard in high school ) at the dive read, pull give to bb, sprint out, read force, make cut or pitch, precise pitch. Compare the sloppy pitches and fumble. We are not BACK to what we do - we are TOO where we have wanted to be.
Coach wooden used to say - " be quick but don't hurry"
That's the definition of a TO qb.
He wears 15.

I think the press picked up on the coach's preseason comments and assumed it was all about run-pass ratio. CPJ has shown he will throw more with a QB who can sling it. "Getting back to what we do" was more about the blocking scheme and snapping under center.

The funny part is hearing so many voices on TV going, "THIS season, Tech can throw." As if Justin Thomas wasn't a sophomore with two years left.