Georgia Tech, Your 2021 ACC Champions

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Yeah so, this has been posted already but ... for research purposes, can you pinpoint the exact second the FSU guy shat his pants?

Here's a hint, it's right around the moment when JUsh paused midair then yammmmm'd on his head.

The slow mo replay that showed the bench jumping in unison with him is an absolutely all time great scene. That and Jose's save at the end of the miami game are going into the pages of Georgia Tech basketball lore for me.

King2b

Jolly Good Fellow
Everyone do yourselves a favor and watch these interviews. What a great time to be a part of Tech basketball.
Amen. Jose is electric. Pastner is such a doofus, but he's really smart. Gives credit to all the coaches and players. He recognizes the importance of this on recruiting. He cares about his players. The story of him and Jose in the gym until 2am after the loss to Clemson. The belief he has in hard work. Great representative for Tech. All in on Pastner.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Amen. Jose is electric. Pastner is such a doofus, but he's really smart. Gives credit to all the coaches and players. He recognizes the importance of this on recruiting. He cares about his players. The story of him and Jose in the gym until 2am after the loss to Clemson. The belief he has in hard work. Great representative for Tech. All in on Pastner.

Stop man. Gonna make me cry (again).

Man it's been real dusty in here since 'round 10 o'clock. Stop choppin' them onions, man.

:cry:

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
Doofus indeed. That’s what makes him appealing to the media at this point. We’ve all known who coach is since we got him. The donuts, trying to get fans in the stands early on, that was all him. He’s genuine and I’m sure that’s why the players like playing for him too. Even the ex players that were texting him tonight, they knew how important this game was.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Doofus indeed. That’s what makes him appealing to the media at this point. We’ve all known who coach is since we got him. The donuts, trying to get fans in the stands early on, that was all him. He’s genuine and I’m sure that’s why the players like playing for him too. Even the ex players that were texting him tonight, they knew how important this game was.
Thats Mr. ACC Champion Doofus

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Pastner is just refreshing compared to a lot of coaches to me. Relentlessly positive and doesn't take himself too seriously. Obviously success makes people put up with almost any personality and if he was struggling it would be nearly as endearing, but to me he's one of the coaches you want to succeed because college basketball is just better when you have great coaches who are also great characters. Juwan Howard at Michigan is another.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Yeah so, this has been posted already but ... for research purposes, can you pinpoint the exact second the FSU guy shat his pants?

Here's a hint, it's right around the moment when JUsh paused midair then yammmmm'd on his head.

This deserves continuous loop placement.

vadimivich

Georgia Tech Fan
Been a brutally hard decade to follow GT hoops (thank God for the condensed games on YouTube and ESPNPlayer.com, staying up to 4:30am on a worknight to watch us score 28 points against Virginia isn't a great use of your time, if you know what I mean).

I'm thrilled for Jose and Moses, who came to GT at a time the program was a smoking hole in the ground and committed to building it back. They will be remembered for this season and for whatever the program becomes over the rest of Pastner's tenure as the OGs - much like Salley and Dalrymple and Price from 35 years ago.

Personally - I'm 41 years old now. I grew up in NC as a UNC fan, didn't cheer for GT until I was in college (in large part because I wanted to be an engineer and GT had engineering + ACC basketball). I've watched GT basketball cut down nets for any reason just once in my entire time cheering for the Jackets (the 2004 Regional Final), and never watched a Championship of any kind. Amazing that it's finally happened.