Georgia Tech, Your 2021 ACC Champions

Enuratique

Jolly Good Fellow
Hard to put it in to words what this championship means. As a GT Fan, you are conditioned to being pessimistic about sports. How many times in my lifetime have I seen us claw, scrap, and fight our way to the top only to have inexplicable bull**** cut our knees out from under us right when we're about to capitalize? On top of the systemic challenges the Institute faces with questionable support at the top for sports, a holier-than-thou fanbase, and recruiting/budget challenges that never seem to improve. Then add on the lost year due to COVID.

I'm gonna enjoy this one.

glandon1960

Jolly Good Fellow
I have been season ticket holder for 30+ years (since early 80's). I attend almost all home games and most years make it to one or sometimes a couple road games. This year was frustrating because of not getting to attend any games in person, but I was able to watch every game on TV (live or recorded). A friend of mine got Tournament tickets and asked me to go with him to the tournament - I was there they last four days.

This win is arguably the best I have ever felt after a GT basketball game- ACC Championship (getting to see it in person - including the teams post game reaction and on-court celebration is something I'll never forget) after all the 'things' that happened in the last year. Only GT in person event that I would put past this was being in Orlando in 1990 when the Football team won the National Championship. I was at the National Championship game - but we lost to UConn (very glad I went even though we lost).
I was excited to just be there ... then WOW! Got to hang around and watch them cut the nets down!

Fantastic effort by the entire team! Congrats to Coach Pastner and the entire team!

gtchem05

Jolly Good Fellow
So impressed with this team! Great to be a Yellow Jacket! Won despite shooting 22% from 3-pt range and FSU shooting 53% from 3-pt range. That's almost as insane as Jordan Usher's Ish Muhammad impression with about 2 minutes left. We didn't get lucky in that game; our players and coaches earned the hell out of that win. I know that team will come out and play their ***es off in Indianapolis. So, whether they win zero games or six, I couldn't be prouder of the team or the staff. Lastly, the play of Sturdivant and Howard makes me hopeful there will be minimal dropoff next year even if all the seniors move on. Looking forward to the selection show tomorrow!

Last edited:

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
I was flipping channels last week and BJ Elder was on Family Feud with his wife’s family. They won 5 days in a row, 40k + and a new car. I was reading the tea leaves at that point and knew we were winning this thing! Funny that Bilas gave him a mention in tonight’s broadcast. Too bad he referred to him as a point guard.