Georgia Tech, Your 2021 ACC Champions

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, with our style of play the refs can really influence the outcome. Since we were playing FSU the ACC refs let us play. If we had been playing a Tobacco Road school they would have been calling ticky tack reaches and Jose, Moses, and Usher would have been in first half foul trouble. This isn’t a conspiracy theory. I’ve watched ACC hoops since I was 7 because my dad is a Maryland alum. The refs influence the Carolina schools so much it’s laughable. I knew we had a shot once UNC was out.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
1615747455721.png

If this aint the realest thing you'll read today...

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
He was really big. With how they were denying Jose it put a lot of pressure on Mike to handle the ball which he did well, but it did seem like it was starting to wear on him. To be able to put in Sturdivant to take on that load was huge. And he wasn't just in there to steal minutes. We put the ball in his hands with the game on the line and he completely justified that decision with his play. I think it's an absolutely great sign for us that the staff has that kind of trust in him, because what he was asked to do was not an easy thing.

Also, Bubba didn't play as much as he has sometimes but he made a huge impact at a key point. In the first half FSU had taken a 4 point lead. We had gotten turnovers, but not been able to shoot. Bubba came in, hit a three, then got a big rebound on his own missed shot for a two. That helped spur a fairly quick 10-0 run right when it looked like FSU was threatening to take control. And the last thing we could afford was to take the pressure off of FSU and allow them to get comfortable.
Love that play he made in the trap to get the ball over a defender to Alvarado. Or would have, had Jose not been clobbered about the time the ball arrived.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Love that play he made in the trap to get the ball over a defender to Alvarado. Or would have, had Jose not been clobbered about the time the ball arrived.

I was calling for the refs to call more fouls on FSU all game but also realized we probably could have been called for more reach ins.

But that play was absolutely terrible officiating. FSU wanted a foul, we wanted a foul, and the refs weren't calling it. It was bad from both sides with FSU viewing it as taking away time, and from our view of attempting to give FSU a possession. And it all led to increasingly more contact from an increasingly more desperate team resulting in a dangerous situation.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
One thing that I thought when watching the game was that the refs allowed them to play and did not try to be the stars of the game. Unusual given one of the zebras calling the game.. I saw physical and tough play on both ends by both teams. Not a lot of ticky tack fouls. I hope we get that throughout the tourney as it allows us to be aggressive. Of course I am good at creating things to worry about when it comes to our athletic teams.
They called it like it was an NCAA tournament game.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
I've seen a few comments that seem to be bagging on @jbix80.

I'm not sure whether I'm interpreting those comments correctly, but wanted to mention that I think he's referring to Gary Parrish giving Ron Bell a platform to spout bull****.

@jbix80 is one of the most positive posters on the board, so if his post is being interpreted as a shot at Pastner, I think people have misinterpreted.

I could be wrong all the way around though, but don't think I am.
I was 100% talking about Gary Parrish. Someone posted a quote about Parrish making positive comments about Pastner. I appreciate his positive comments now, but Parrish (NOT PASTNER LIKE MANY OF YOU THOUGHT I WAS TALKING ABOUT) ripped CJP and gave Bell a platform. I love Pastner!!!! I’ve been behind him since day one.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck

I'm not sure whether I'm interpreting those comments correctly, but wanted to mention that I think he's referring to Gary Parrish giving Ron Bell a platform to spout bull****.

@jbix80 is one of the most positive posters on the board, so if his post is being interpreted as a shot at Pastner, I think people have misinterpreted.

I have been 100% behind this program too. You will rarely find a negative post from me on this board.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck

Thanks for having my back dtm! I didn’t know I was getting roasted like that.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
The “he” in this post is Gary Parrish not Josh Pastner. It was a reply to a comment someone posted about Gary Parrish.
That clears it up pretty well! Apologies for the misunderstanding (Though you can see some reason for confusion on my part?).

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I love the effort but that also went toward shooting 5-23 on 3s. We can't affoed to depend on getting 20+ TOs (with the layups) in the tourney.Don't know how to improve though except maybe have special designed plays for 3s..

LibertyTurns

Banned
I think we should just drop it. Dude wasn't as careful as he should have been with pronouns and probably didn't need to rehash it anyways and some of us jumped to conclusions. That being said, lets just continue to enjoy the championship
The “he” in this post is Gary Parrish not Josh Pastner. It was a reply to a comment someone posted about Gary Parrish.
Thanks for having my back dtm! I didn’t know I was getting roasted like that.
Sorry @jbix80 In the middle of the celebration I saw xxxxxx and got confused. It’s real clear now & you’re absolutely correct.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Yeah so, this has been posted already but ... for research purposes, can you pinpoint the exact second the FSU guy shat his pants?

Here's a hint, it's right around the moment when JUsh paused midair then yammmmm'd on his head.

The best part: Watch all 5 FSU players on the floor. Literally EVERY one of them collapsed towards Usher, then realized what was about to happen and backed off once Usher left the floor. It was like back in the Jordan days when Jordan drove to the basket: Someone was getting posterized, and the smart players just let Jordan dunk. No one wanted to be on that poster.

Usher has put together a phenomenal dunking reel this season, and I think other teams have taken noticed. No one wants any part of the Usher poster.

GT05

Jolly Good Fellow
I just want to send out a thank you to the staff, players and all involved. I’m so proud of them all. I can’t wait to go to work and talk about my Jackets! Also is there any team any more Tech than this team? Bunch of guys we took chances on and they took chances on us as well. Pastners’ voicemail when I heard it I thought that’s Tech he doesn’t just fit he’s broken the mold. Love this team and glad to have followed them on this journey, let’s keep it going!!