Votes: 44 35.5%
  • VT by 14+

Votes: 18 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
20-17...the Real Tech wins

I truly have no idea what to expect but the VT defense isn't what it usually is and they barely beat UNC by the skin of their teeth.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
If Marshall and company will stop with the fumbles, we stand a chance. Then again either special teams, the offensive line or the coach will screw up. We should be sitting at 6 and 1 and this should have been a big game. Friday morning we will be ticked off again and we will talk about recruiting, the coach, and /or our sisters of the poor football facilities.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
VT is giving up 26 ppg vs. FBS, which puts them about in the middle of FBS teams.

If the offense scores 22, will you say that it's an awesome offense?

Never thought I would see the day that a Bud Foster defense would be described as mediocre or meh. For as long as I can remember, the hall mark of Hokie teams would be a tenacious Bud Foster defense and sterling special teams play. Usually, we have the better offense and they had the better defense,. Now, I am not so sure either of them is actually very good. I am not all that impressed with Virginia Tech, what little I have seen of them this year but they have played better than we have. Not that it means much.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
VT is giving up 26 ppg vs. FBS, which puts them about in the middle of FBS teams.

Oddly enough they haven't given up 20 points to an ACC team yet. They've given up like 3, 14, and 19. Yet they got blasted by ND and ODU to the tune of 45 and 49 respectively. Hopefully we catch their defense on one of the latter kind of days.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
VT, 30-10

I don’t feel like we match up well with them. We will have to be +2 or more in the turnover battle to pull this one out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Weekly look at the matchup from a recruiting standpoint (using 247) with a bonus look at S&P ratings:

GT VT.jpg

VT out recruits us by 2 Tiers. IMO, that's good enough for a 7pt advantage by my super scientific method (not really), plus VT is playing at home. Take a closer look at the recruitings, VT normally recruits in the 20's.

If you go by recruiting alone, GT has an uphill battle to climb before we get to Blacksburg....but lo and behold, stats stats STATS!!!

GT is actually close to VT in terms of overall S&P metrics, and we are actually darn near being extremely good on offense. VT's defense isn't as good as it usually is.

IMO, this game comes down to VT's offense vs our defense. I think we can score on VT, but can our defense hold VT's offense from scoring more than our offense?

I think it's a close game. Hopefully, we pull this one off as the ghost of Matthew Jordan returns in the form of either TQM or Tobias, and GT can control the clock and capitalize on every offensive series.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
GT 28...VT 24. Either the team pulls it all together against a decent team and stops with the ridiculous turnovers and ST miscues or I continue my string of inept and romantically hopeless prognostications.

I would bet on the latter...

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
It’s weird, because I don’t think they’re all that good. But we’re not either. I don’t think this game will be particularly close; I just don’t know whose *** is going to get kicked.

Deleted member 2897

We have many fewer offensive possessions than most teams, so the more important stat is points per possession. So which is it:
A) You didn’t know that or had forgotten.
B) You’re trolling the board.