Votes: 8 6.5%
  • VT by 7-13

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • VT by 14+

Votes: 18 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 2897

If I’m Bud Foster, I’m firing corners, shifting the line pre-snap, and taking all kinds of gambles to keep 9 in the box and make us throw.

I’m going to pick weird numbers like I always do and go GT 29, VPISU 23. 4 short-ish FG, a 2pt conversion, and 1-1 on PAT.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think we win if we win the turnover battle by at least one if TM is at full speed wins the game. If TM is slowed, then I think we lose regardless. Playing at VT on a Thursday night is the quintessential away game; we aren't good away. But it won't be raining till Friday. And Thursday night is close to Friday HS football night ....... so I'll take the Atomic spread VT 32 - GT 27.

My prognostication ability is not good; I'm 4-3 on the season straight win-lose which is awful.
Right on Alcorn State, Clemson, Bowling Green and Duke out come.
Wrong on USF, Pitt, L'Ville outcome.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I dont know who this team is...

Are they the offense that played USF, BG, LV and the second half of Pitt ...

Are they the offense that played the first half of Pitt, Duke, and failed to play clean against Alcorn?

Can they fix the fumble issue? Can we complete the “simple” comeback passes?

Is the defense about to turn the corner? They look better every week.

Can special teams be a non subtractor from the game?

Can GT at least know and try to do their assignment under pressure, hold onto the ball, get tackles for loss, and make plays.

The week off helped Duke come in healed up, while GT was playing thier 7th game... let us see if some time off will help.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Lord have mercy!!!.... so many folks picking the turkeys..........backs up against the wall Jackets bring home the Turkey to put in freezer !!!! GT 27-vt 17......

Thank you. Reminiscent of Leonard Postero..."a swarm of angry bees invade Blacksburg looking for an early slice of Thanksgiving turkey. etc. etc." As hokey (pun intended) as he was, I always enjoyed listening to his radio show. Man, am I getting old.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Thank you. Reminiscent of Leonard Postero..."a swarm of angry bees invade Blacksburg looking for an early slice of Thanksgiving turkey. etc. etc." As hokey (pun intended) as he was, I always enjoyed listening to his radio show. Man, am I getting old.
Me too ! Loved "Leonard's Losers " That was part of real pregame for me !!

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
On the radio show, they said 8 of the last 10 games between the Techs have been decided by less than a touchdown.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I dont know who this team is...

Are they the offense that played USF, BG, LV and the second half of Pitt ...

Are they the offense that played the first half of Pitt, Duke, and failed to play clean against Alcorn?

Can they fix the fumble issue? Can we complete the “simple” comeback passes?

Is the defense about to turn the corner? They look better every week.

Can special teams be a non subtractor from the game?

Can GT at least know and try to do their assignment under pressure, hold onto the ball, get tackles for loss, and make plays.

The week off helped Duke come in healed up, while GT was playing thier 7th game... let us see if some time off will help.

Welcome back!!

I have no idea how we'll do either. But it will be hard not to meet my expectations.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
One other thing. Another GT alum and I are going to get together to watch the game here in "Hokie Country".

I am getting manic-depressive about the game. No idea what we are going to get. We agree that alcohol will be necessary regardless of the outcome.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
The line is VT (-3).

So, a lot of people can make a lot of money...

upload_2018-10-24_21-22-3.png

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
The way I see it, GT O is basically on par with last years O and our D is playing better than last year D. VT D isn’t as good as last year D. There O has never been a high power O. Last year was a tight game last year and I expect this one will be as well. Turnovers will be key, I think we have 0 turnovers, but our d will get a couple to allow us to pull away late. 28-10 for the good guys.