Votes: 1 1.4%
  • uNC by 7-13

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • uNC by 14+

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 2897

GT 37-25. I'm going to just play the mathematical averages for win margins and point totals. And, those numbers are pretty impossible to actually hit.

While UNC is not materially worse in my opinion than anybody else in the Coastal Division, they have only won 4 of their last 19 games. We can NOT lose this one.

Win it, and we're 1 game away from bowl eligibility with 3 tough games left. Win it, and we're above 0.500 overall and have a 3 game road winning streak.

There are a lot of 4-year returning starters that are seniors this year that deserve to go out with a bowl game. Brad Stewart, Will Bryan, Clinton Lynch, Qua Searcy, Kyle-CH, Brant Mitchell, etc. etc. etc.

MUST WIN.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
38-27. Cover the spread and the O/U
I think we continue to roll offensively but I think we give up easy scores early like usual before CNW and the D get adjusted to the uptempo style they run. I see a USF type game (That we win) but without the **** ST play.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
GT 37-25. I'm going to just play the mathematical averages for win margins and point totals. And, those numbers are pretty impossible to actually hit.

While UNC is not materially worse in my opinion than anybody else in the Coastal Division, they have only won 4 of their last 19 games. We can NOT lose this one.

Win it, and we're 1 game away from bowl eligibility with 3 tough games left. Win it, and we're above 0.500 overall and have a 3 game road winning streak.

There are a lot of 4-year returning starters that are seniors this year that deserve to go out with a bowl game. Brad Stewart, Will Bryan, Clinton Lynch, Qua Searcy, Kyle-CH, Brant Mitchell, etc. etc. etc.

MUST WIN.
I love your point about the seniors. Towards the end of 15 we had a bunch of these guys battling miami in a hard fought game. These last 4 games are their legacy maker.

Also this is a must win for them and gt to redeem the early season give away games. The players have shown they can deliver beat downs (4 vt, Louisville, bg, Alcorn) with an ok defensive performance. Can they win a dog fight against a similarly motivated opponent ?

For the 12 junior/seniors in the front 7 for unc this is a disastrous season. This game is a must game. Gt has 4 beat downs - this is a "not on my watch and not in my house" game.

I believe both teams will show up and it will be a war. Gt has built depth at every position . The wild card is coaching. How well will the young UNC DC do against the offensive genius who just demolished bud foster?.

By far the Best game of season.

I have pointed out, like AE 87 has pointed out, the unc qb is a possession machine.
This is the key. If we stop him early and the crowd turns on the unc head coach, we could do passing and runningc beat down on them. I am going with close as he will give our lb fits in pass coverage.

Prediction- we win close one- WW field goal wins it by 3
Let's save the beat down for miami.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
This should be a repeat of the VT game, but ...
Turnovers will be the key and my hope is (whatever QB is in the game) that the OL gives a repeat performance ... but the outcome will be closer than preferred.
GT 38 UNC 28 with a late 4thQ TD to seal the deal.

GTHOSCHTON

Jolly Good Fellow
Man O Man Jackets are starting to swarm....OL looked great last week....def getting better but still a ways to go.....GT 48-unc 17 ....

on a side note CPJ passes on first play of game.....!!

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
The Tobacco Boys are readying their fire. They know that Paul Johnson’s Engineers are coming for a visit, and the Caroline Choir Boys don't want to get marched upon. There might end up being some boot prints in Chapel Hill before this one's done, but the Carolina Soldiers are famous for carrying wet powder.

Leonard's Loser -- North Carolina by 35.