• uNC by 7-13

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • uNC by 14+

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I think this game will be similar to the VT game 1st half will be close and the 2nd half the d will get a couple of stops or turnovers and we will keep scoring. 48-17 good guys

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Poll included.

The big unknown is the state of the UNC locker room. Lose to Tech in Chapel Hill? Are they going to man up and play football like they are capable or are the Tar Heels going to shrug at the first sign of adversity y and mail it in? Could be a blow out as many on here are predicting but I think UNC is much better than their record. They do have injuries and at least one defensive lineman taking a suspension so I do not know how well they will hold up to the pounding of the triple option. My thought is that Coach Johnson should consider (he will not do this but bear with me here) taking the ball if we win the toss instead of the deferment. The reason is that this is a team with a fragile mind set and one good kick at the beginning of the game just might bring the whole rotting structure down on Coach Fedora's head.

This game is more about UNC and its program than about Georgia Tech. If the Heels play to their talent level on defense and move the football then they can beat us. They had Virginia Tech beat and let them get away. They are 1-6 for a reason. Tech by two touchdowns in what I think will be a high scoring track meet.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I took UNC by <7 since that's what I did for VT.

As a note, the prognostication ability of GTSwarmers sucks. Other than gimme games (Alcorn State, Clemson and Bowling Green) that a zombie couldn't get wrong, here were the predictions on win / loss and wrong:

USF 88.2% for GT; wrong GT loses.
Pitt 77.1 for GT; wrong GT loses.
L'Ville 68.3 for GT; right GT wins big.
Duke 80.9 for GT; wrong GT loses.
VT 56.5% for VT; wrong GT wins big.
Today for UNC 90.9% for GT .........

Don't you guys recognize that to win, generally you have to pick against GT???

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer

As a note, the prognostication ability of GTSwarmers sucks. Other than gimme games (Alcorn State, Clemson and Bowling Green) that a zombie couldn't get wrong, here were the predictions on win / loss and wrong:

It wont matter today;)

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It wont matter today;)

Saw a great quote I few minutes ago that hopefully doesn't apply to our game today (but does apply to our country):

"Those who don’t study history are doomed to repeat it. Yet those who do study history are doomed to stand by helplessly while everyone else repeats it.

—Tom Toro (b. 1982), American cartoonist for The New Yorker"

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

If the probability of GT losing today is inversely proportional and exactly the same as the probability of GT winning given that the Swarm has picked them to win, then we can say that the on field results are dependent on the Swarm poll. But, for example, GT loses today given that our collective brain trust has overwhelmingly picked them to win, we can say with something approaching a 99.8% level of confidence that these two things (results and Swarm poll) are independent events, if I recall my probability theories correctly. As someone who is keenly interested in your hypothesis, I will be watching today's event with a keen interest in proving/disproving dependency. Thusly I will forego any prognostication. I do not want to introduce bias into this observational study.
If we can prove dependency, we can simply impose a rule that all Swarm poll participants must pick GT to lose in all future events, thus ensuring we win the remainder of our games!!!!
It's math y'all....let's use it to our advantage.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

So true.

furant

Jolly Good Fellow
134A6255-3ED2-4A43-862F-7597C11DE4D6.jpeg
If the probability of GT losing today is inversely proportional and exactly the same as the probability of GT winning given that the Swarm has picked them to win, then we can say that the on field results are dependent on the Swarm poll. But, for example, GT loses today given that our collective brain trust has overwhelmingly picked them to win, we can say with something approaching a 99.8% level of confidence that these two things (results and Swarm poll) are independent events, if I recall my probability theories correctly. As someone who is keenly interested in your hypothesis, I will be watching today's event with a keen interest in proving/disproving dependency. Thusly I will forego any prognostication. I do not want to introduce bias into this observational study.
If we can prove dependency, we can simply impose a rule that all Swarm poll participants must pick GT to lose in all future events, thus ensuring we win the remainder of our games!!!!
It's math y'all....let's use it to our advantage.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
This offense is physically demanding. The kids get worn down. However, we are relatively healthy right now, having played 1 game in the last 20 days.

Take Tech and give the points.

2 weeks from now against UVa when it's the 3rd game in 15 days, it may be a different story.

Next week against Miami--I wouldn't touch it.