Will you travel to the Quick Crapper Bowl

• Yes

Votes: 16 8.0%
  • No

Votes: 184 92.0%

• Total voters

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
Wow. I don't know that I even know who the Golden Gophers are - I DEFINITELY didn't know that there was a bowl game in the tundra region in the dead of winter. Ick. The Cavaliers fared way better than us. Everyone had said "sun bowl", "belk bowl", "military bowl" - well, at least I had heard of those. I had hoped to see CPJ's last game in person, but I will not be traveling for this bummer of a bowl game. Is it even considered a bowl game? More like a backyard scrimmage after Christmas. How incredibly disappointing. And what disrespect to CPJ not to get the military bowl on his last out. I know they didn't win 9 games, but come on, people!

NorthGaJacket15

Jolly Good Fellow
At least we get a game against a p5 team...

I agree... much rather this than the Memphis crap I was hearing... no matter the location. I unfortunately am hamstrung currently and can’t travel anyway... but for those of you that can, I “guess” Birmingham could have been better?

Personally I’m pissed we didn’t get the Belk or Military bowls... there were positives to like about both of those!

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
The Military Bowl would have actually been a really nice fit. Having CPJ play his (potentially) last game in Annapolis would be somewhat poetic and could have drawn in a lot of Navy folk as ticket buyers. Being given the Quick Lane Bowl is really dumb and pretty disrespectful to the GT program and Paul Johnson. Exactly what I expected from the ACC.
The bowls are independent of the conference. They pick who they think will draw the biggest crowds to sell hotel rooms, fill up restaurants, etc.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
The Military Bowl would have actually been a really nice fit. Having CPJ play his (potentially) last game in Annapolis would be somewhat poetic and could have drawn in a lot of Navy folk as ticket buyers. Being given the Quick Lane Bowl is really dumb and pretty disrespectful to the GT program and Paul Johnson. Exactly what I expected from the ACC.

I do agree the military would have been good...but they didn’t want us.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Bowl sucks but don't lose to USF and Duke and we aren't in this situation. I find it a bit silly to get all up in arms about which mediocre bowl picked which mediocre team.

If my aunt had balls..................... SMDH We all know you hate PJ but this is disrespectful of the work the players put in. If you can't or won't see that then there'r nothing else to say

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
We are sitting at 7-5 with a bunch of other teams. How are we so much more deserving? Win more games = better bowl game
We have a better ACC record, beat teams that got better bowls, have better average attendance than teams that got better bowls, draw better TV ratings than teams that have better bowls, and other teams didn't have to play Clemson and Georgia. That's how we're more deserving.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
We are sitting at 7-5 with a bunch of other teams. How are we so much more deserving? Win more games = better bowl game
Because we beat those teams. If we were 7-5 but had lost to Va Tech, UVa, and Miami then I could accept them having better bowls. That didn't happen though, we beat them and finished ahead of them in the conference. We should be ahead of them and it's as simple as that.

heyhellowhatsup

Jolly Good Fellow
The Quick Lane Bowl isn’t half bad for the players, IMO.

The bowl gifts are traditionally great, there are cool events (Gala type event at the Ford Museum for example, event to network with Ford Execs), and you get to play in an NFL Stadium against a Big 10 team.

The date sucks but from an experience POV, I think it could be cool.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
There’s some truth to your statement but three teams that we beat and finished ahead of in the rankings are going to better bowls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They also left it up to chance but the bowls found them more desirable.