• Miami by 7-13

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Miami by 14+

Votes: 85 63.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I think if we quick kick a lot on 3rd down we can technically avoid the 3-and-out stat, avoid picks on 3rd and long plays, minimize the possibility of long run backs on punts and keep the offense fresh. Of course, we would have to disguise Harvin as Graham. Think UM would notice?
They thought Jordan Mason was him at Duke on Saturday.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Poll included.

This is not a good match up for us. Miami has a very good defensive line and fast, active linebackers. It is going to be hard for us to move the ball with any consistency. Our best chance is to keep t he game in the low twenties, hope for multiple turnovers, typical Miami shenanigans with dumb penalties, and limit their big play passing game. Perry is starting and that just adds spice to the mix. He is a better athlete than Williams and much more likely to throw the deep ball but he is also prone to wilt under pressure and commit turnovers. I am afraid that we will not be able to get first downs and they will eventually start getting big plays on our defense much like UNC did. I think Miami will win by two or three touchdowns. Coach Collins has his work cut out for him as this will be big boy football for sure. One thing in our favor is their offensive line is just about as bad as ours. They have a freshman starting at left tackle who was much ballyhooed but has become a running joke on the Miami sites. He certainly looks the part , huge with broad shoulders but is painfully slow and seems to have very poor technique and footwork. The comments on the Miami sites about him and number 60 were brutal and uncalled for but that's Miami for you. They even devoted a thread asking who was the WORST offensive lineman and everyone had their favorites but especially the left tackle and one of the guards. "Looks like Tarzan...plays like Jane"

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
Since Tech ranks last in defense in the ACC, my guess is Miami stumbles at the start, and finish off the Jackets 37-17. Would love to the see the Jackets upset Miami at home, but looks like Miami found their QB at Virginia.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Since Tech ranks last in defense in the ACC, my guess is Miami stumbles at the start, and finish off the Jackets 37-17. Would love to the see the Jackets upset Miami at home, but looks like Miami found their QB at Virginia.
Louisville, Virginia Tech, and Boston College are all rated worse than us on defense according to FEI.
https://www.bcftoys.com/2019-dfei

According to SP+, VT, BC, Louisville, North Carolina, and Wake Forest are worse.
https://www.espn.com/college-footba...sp+-rankings-week-7-ohio-state-takes-top-spot

We can do better, but we are not the worst defense in the ACC.