Georgia Tech turnover prop

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
636401623680917919-trashcan.jpg
A gold and white trash can sounds cool:cool:

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I am also against a "turnover chain or other" and also don't like "white outs", since we don't give out everyone free shirts to make it look good.

If we did something, it should be for something, for example, like when the O scores a "passing" TD or if the D gets a 3 and out. Whatever we do, the entire group would get it on the sideline. Maybe the band plays the D's or O's favorite tune every time one of these things happens. It could be a new tradition. It needs to be "fun", as to help with recruiting.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
don't like "white outs", since we don't give out everyone free shirts to make it look good.
Neither does Penn State (the first NCAA football team to white out), and they don't seem to have an issue with their fans wearing white in the cold weather.
OVERALL

White outs are fun and exciting. The players seem pretty excited about it to.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't like them. Turnovers are often the products of several players doing their jobs. INTs are usually products of good pass rush and beating the WR. Fumbles are often caused by one player punching the ball and another hustling to the ball carrier.

That's an excellent point I'd appreciate a special hat or look that every player who was on the field, the entire D, or entire team gets to don after a turnover. Like gold hardhats for everyone on the sideline to wear for the following Offensive possession. Or just something like hats turned sideways or black handkerchiefs/towels tucked into the pants...

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Neither does Penn State (the first NCAA football team to white out), and they don't seem to have an issue with their fans wearing white in the cold weather.
OVERALL

White outs are fun and exciting. The players seem pretty excited about it to.

I personally have a white GT hoodie I bought years ago for white outs, but I am also a pragmatic person who knows a lot of GT fans are not going to get behind this, but might put on the t-shirt if it were there.

I guess my other issues with "white outs" are

- not original (which GT is)
- we generally don't have enough fans to make it look good AND the gold seat people are useless when it comes to even being in their seats. Maybe we should put white mannequins in those seats.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I personally have a white GT hoodie I bought years ago for white outs, but I am also a pragmatic person who knows a lot of GT fans are not going to get behind this, but might put on the t-shirt if it were there.

I guess my other issues with "white outs" are

- not original (which GT is)
- we generally don't have enough fans to make it look good AND the gold seat people are useless when it comes to even being in their seats. Maybe we should put white mannequins in those seats.
Our fight song isn't even original :dead: While we may not have been the first team to white out, we actually were pretty early on the bandwagon.
For the second point, "We just need to be better fans." as @jeffgt14 said.

Deleted member 2897

I think they should build an exact replica of the Miami Turnover Chain, except have a big Metallic Gold GT on it. Then hide it on the bench so that nobody touches it no matter what. If the game is over with about 1 minute left, bring that turnover chain out and give it to a captain or someone who got a turnover and start dancing around so it gathers attention and ends up on TV. You gotta make sure you only do that after the game is over so you don't karma yourself.

plangineer

Jolly Good Fellow
What's this "pass" thing you're talking about?
The article was the first I heard about it officially, so I'm speculating - but I'm assuming the baton is given to playmakers (I remember a few guys holding it when the TV showed the sidelines in the UNC and VT game after a big play). The next person that makes a great play (TD, interception, etc etc) is then 'passed' the baton. Kind of like a relay race, one guy cannot win it by himself, other people have to step up and make plays.

Like it says in the article - "The message: offense, defense and special teams are all trying to win a race together. No one can cross the finish line without each “leg” doing its part."

Also good thing about this baton instead of a chain, trashcan, backpack, sticker, participation trophy, etc is that anyone on the team can get it. It doesn't have to just be the defense and it doesn't just have to be a specific action.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
The article was the first I heard about it officially, so I'm speculating - but I'm assuming the baton is given to playmakers (I remember a few guys holding it when the TV showed the sidelines in the UNC and VT game after a big play). The next person that makes a great play (TD, interception, etc etc) is then 'passed' the baton. Kind of like a relay race, one guy cannot win it by himself, other people have to step up and make plays.

Like it says in the article - "The message: offense, defense and special teams are all trying to win a race together. No one can cross the finish line without each “leg” doing its part."

Also good thing about this baton instead of a chain, trashcan, backpack, sticker, participation trophy, etc is that anyone on the team can get it. It doesn't have to just be the defense and it doesn't just have to be a specific action.
I think he was joking since we never "pass" the football.

Instead we should "handoff" the baton ;)