Georgia Tech @ Tennessee

Deleted member 2897

I was unable to watch or listen to the game last night.

I finally made time to come here to read the summary, and I gotta say this thread is why I like this board. All good details and insight, the good/bad/ugly, and so on. Gave me everything I needed to know.

If we're within 10 points of the #6 team in the country, then we have a lot of potential. Now we gotta win the games we SHOULD win before the ACC starts. And maybe we can shock a few of the tougher ones left.

Thanks you guys for all your posts.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Just checked the numbers.
Good News: We held UT to 39.6% FG, 33.3% 3pt, and we shot 85.7% FT.
Bad News: We shot 27.6% FG, 15.8% 3pt.

If we shoot close to “normal” fg and 3pt %, and shoot a few more FTs, it’s a tight gAme.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
After watching the game last night, I am really upcharged about our team. Defensively we played well to hold a highly rated team under 70 points and never let them make a big run even though our offense was well below par. Hopefully our offense will gel by ACC time.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Deleted member 2897

Per KenPom, Tennessee had the #6 defense in the country last year. So part of our offensive struggles we need to give credit to Tennessee for.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Per KenPom, Tennessee had the #6 defense in the country last year. So part of our offensive struggles we need to give credit to Tennessee for.

Without a doubt. They are very good individual defenders who we could not take off the dribble. My comments about scheme come from the need to have a plan B when the other team's defense is really good and won't let you win individual battles. We have to have ways to get movement and shots even against a good defense.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

You ain't wrong but .... sorry, if they're allowed to consistently and repeatedly foul with no calls coming, they're gonna be the greatest defense in the history of earth.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
I am telling myself to be patient since we are running a completely new offense but that was some really bad offensive execution. There was a lot of standing still and dribbling in place. It was almost Gregorian.
I didn't get a chance to watch the game last night but any consideration I was giving to watching a replay just walked out the door after reading this. I'll pass...

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
What we knew before the Tennessee game:
Defense will keep us in most games. Winning or losing depends on outside shooting.

What we know after the Tennessee game:
Defense will keep us in most games. Winning or losing depends on outside shooting.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
if they're allowed to consistently and repeatedly foul with no calls coming,

Boom. There it is. The first "we never foul and the other team fouls on every possession we don't score" argument. Guys, we're better than this. The refs are not out to get us. They make good and bad calls both ways. In every game.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Boom. There it is. The first "we never foul and the other team fouls on every possession we don't score" argument. Guys, we're better than this. The refs are not out to get us. They make good and bad calls both ways. In every game.

That's not what I said but, since you want to argue the same point over and over, that's what you chose to hear.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
That's not what I said but, since you want to argue the same point over and over, that's what you chose to hear.

I'm surrounded by it at every game in Bobby Dodd & McCamish. You said tennessee "consistently and repeatedly foul" with no foul calls. Look at the game again. Not from a Tech POV but a scout from another team. Were there missed or bad calls? No doubt. Did Tennessee "consistently and repeatedly foul"? No. That would be a laughable suggestion from anyone else. From you? Par for the course

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I'm surrounded by it at every game in Bobby Dodd & McCamish. You said tennessee "consistently and repeatedly foul" with no foul calls. Look at the game again. Not from a Tech POV but a scout from another team. Were there missed or bad calls? No doubt. Did Tennessee "consistently and repeatedly foul"? No. That would be a laughable suggestion from anyone else. From you? Par for the course

:eek: You wound me, Strahan.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Last night's team looked alot like last years team, with much more upside available. Short range jump shooters needed, terrible offensive rebounding , I would like to see the numbers on that. Hopefully Cole will improve from last season otherwise he just takes up space. Wright? does he really have a scholarship? I'm still all in on Pastner.

slugboy

Staff member
I am telling myself to be patient since we are running a completely new offense but that was some really bad offensive execution. There was a lot of standing still and dribbling in place. It was almost Gregorian.

I was wondering if the coaches know how to coach this new offense. I didn’t see a fast moving flow. I only saw one or two people moving a lot of the time. What is the offense supposed to look like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk