Georgia Tech Spring Game Thread

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
Henderson was moving really nicely tonight. Pursuing well. I can't wait to watch that kid when coach Sisk has him in the program for about 6-8 mos. more.

Bryan looked like live bullets were flying fast at him. I didn't see much of him. But, he looks like a freshman. He should be good, and could be soon. Green right now it seems.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
Game was fun, defense played the best
Nice td catch by Summers, but June's catch in the 1st qtr was awesome.
Safety from Hawaii is a nice player
I think Kallon has really stepped up and wil be bigger part of td rotation.
Whitehead looked good
Harrell and Tre Jackson, and Noble looked good at lb

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I thought the first and second string back seven on D were pretty even (lots of quality depth), but the first team OL was way ahead of the second team OL (not even close). Passers looked better than receivers (when the QBs were not running for their life). The RS D players seemed to have progressed far more than the RS O players.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
According to AJC, Marcus Allen went 14 atts for 77 yards and 1 TD. 2 catches for 42 yards.

Yeah, he did that against our first team D. I will take that EVERY game from our starting BB.

From what I saw, Marcus has room to grow on that frame. Looked good to me. Shake some rust from bouncing around during his career, and maybe we have a Synjyn Days part II.

Only the spring game, but I would be fine with Allen if he looks like that during the Fall.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Christian Philpott, Tyler Cooksey, and Brant Mitchell made it to the game. Saw Xavier Gantt as well as Eric reported earlier. Philpott looks the part - hope he's ready this fall.

gtalltheway

Jolly Good Fellow
I was very impressed with Allen, hunt-days, whitehead, kallon, and Lewis also the a backs, we didn't get to see much of Thomas but when he did play the relationship between him and the a backs as far as distance from each other and swinging outside was very good, I didn't see Thomas get way out in front, and with as many starters as we had out I'll take this spring game any day of the week!

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I had all my takeaways from the game typed up then my iPad crashed so I'm just going to give a short take instead of typing it all again.

Ike, Allen, Byerly, and Jeune were all impressive.

Jordan, Jalen Johnson, Searcy, and whitehead are coming along nicely and should develop throughout the season.

Summers, Messick, and the entire second string OL are causing me worry.

Overall the game felt lethargic even for a scrimmage and the amount of shanked punts was enough to cause grey hairs. I think the first string O and D looked like they should at the end of spring and I'm not worried. Not terribly impressed either though.

The high school juniors I was sitting next too seemed to enjoy themselves and like the stadium but they weren't talking about much beyond normal high school junior things.