Georgia Tech Rushing Totals After 8 Games

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
When thinking about VT and their run defense, remember they were a young defense coming in and lost three starters during the game. One on the first series. Another later and then the disqualification in the 3rd quarter.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Fake punt with dt running, 5 fresh on kickoff team to ucf s Olympic sprinter for back to back k o td returns.
Damn dt and freshman were told the play.

Imo even these coach related ones even out over season ( vt bonk on facemask of "back up "punt returner)

We are still on track for 7-5 with some beat downs,( alcorn, bowling green don't count- but the BIG V win AT VT does.) Need 3 of 4 w one more beat down to be a good season.
Undefeated #21 USF lost 57-36 to Houston:rolleyes:

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
When thinking about VT and their run defense, remember they were a young defense coming in and lost three starters during the game. One on the first series. Another later and then the disqualification in the 3rd quarter.
This was huge. Coach likes to say it’s about us/what we do, that’s not always the case. Certainly it’s not the only thing that matters. Why is it we’ve only rolled the inexperienced or over-matched or depleted D’s? (VT was both inexperienced and depleted.)

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
VT pass defense must be awesome to give up 0 passing yards in one game....
Ha ha I am so glad the bend but dont break defense is at v t and not at gt. bud foster made no visible halftime adjustments, kept the lb and safeties back, and kept them stationary presnap .

It looked like our defense. U are being killed by the other team shouldn't u try bring pressure. ( play to keep score close and Que the post game player youth and injuries , got to play assignments.. blah blzh)

Bud post game should have been
" we used to have nose tackles like tim settle who is now Washington Redskins n t. Guys like him could take on the double team and if the couldnt defeat it , they would make a pile up right on the line of scrimmage. When we played gt last year we made a mountain against the double team and it clogged up the bb dive. This year the double team took the nt 4 yds downfield. Our nt did his job but the gt guys did a better job of coming in low and creating movement. I should have done something to negate this like bring the safeties up over the sophomore rg in his his 4th game so he and the freshman qb in his first start would have quick decesions to make. something to worry about. It's on me and not the players , I should have been aggressive like the old vt defense. This assignment football against coach Johnson has kicked my axx."

(Cooper ,Hansen and will Bryan are regular size players who come in low against the nt and lift defender verses a giant that comes in higher and drives the nt feet into the ground . Last year we down blocked and pulled the guards to leave the immovable force behind) .

Just observations from watching our next 4 opponents.
UNC offense keeps their defense on the field a long time. They are vulnerable to QB runs, hello Tobais
Miami BC ran through them until the 3rd, then Miami tightened up, until the 4th. Miami offense is erratic
UVA they look good on defense but their best play on offense is the quarterback run. Glad the game is at Tech
UGA Not the running team like last year but you better make the initial tackle. They were not super stout against the run but frankly F Franks can't really throw.

Just observations. for us are we the Good GT or the Bad GT.