Georgia Tech Recruiting: Baseball 2016

ball4life66

Helluva Engineer
The odds that this young man is playing for Tech is slim. He's is a five tool player.
I mean anything is possible with the draft but I heard the only player Danny Hall is worried about losing is Taylor Trammell. Either way I am praying both make it to campus...we have been really lucky the last couple years with Kel, Stallings, English, Hughes and Bart all making it on campus.

Last edited:

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I mean anything is possible with the draft but I heard the only player Danny Hall is worried about losing is Taylor Trammell. Either way I am praying both make it to campus...we have been really lucky the last couple years with Kel, Stallings, English, Hughes and Bart all making it on campus.

Gee, they must think Hall is a good coach and we have a good program.

ball4life66

Helluva Engineer

Working from Center of Balance: Taylor Trammell OF 6'2 195 L/L Mt Paran HS(GT Commit)- 1. Very solid base, with weight evenly distributed between front & backside. Knees lined up w/ shoulders, feet just outside shoulders. When you go feet set up outside shoulders, you are able to gain ground(in stride foot) without drifting as easy. Gets some wrist wiggle going in his flow, reminding himself to stay handsy & no add shoulders or tightness in load+swing. Top of knuckles lined up very well to keep his top hand from rolling over. Young players, the more uneven your grip is the easier it is to roll over & out of the zone early. As u see, Taylor has barrel angle(hands above) at point of contact. If your barrel is in line w/ the hands or above at point of contact, you're getting ready to or already have rolled over. The guys with the most consistent launch angle roll over the least. 2. Watch how Trammell's hips are the nucleus of his swing. The upper & lower half follow the hips everywhere they go. Creating rhythm, momentum, loading & exploding. I am NOT saying the nucleus of his swing is dependent on rotation of the hips. Hip rotation doesn't make or break a swing. Since upper & lower follow the hips, too much hip rotation can lead to an in & out swing(east to west). We want the hips moving south(backwards) to north(forward) in a straight line like Trammell. This keeps our balance centered & direction to CF, and allows us to hit to all fields. Another important movement for his center of balance is his separation(in load & stride foot). His front knee kicks the hands in to trigger+get to launch position. At this time, the front foot is striding forward & the hands are going back even more, showing independence. This allows him to keep his backside power w/ his hands, so they can explode together. The stride is going the other way by itself, creating more room & momentum to explode to w/ backside. Because of Taylor's ability to separate, he can keep his head centered in balance. 3. I like how he has his bat already angled close to launch position. This allows for better timing with high velo, the hands & back elbow to tuck easier and be more free & short.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Just to update, here are our commits (Beesball.com). I wish we had 12 pitchers rather than 6 given our luck:
Signees - Class of 2016
buzz.jpg

Xzavion Curry SS R-R 6-0 180 Atlanta, GA (Mays)
Garrett Gooden RHP R-R 6-5 210 Decatur, GA (St. Pius X)
Griffin Jolliff RHP R-R 6-2 200 Buford, GA (Buford)
Kyle McCann C R-R 6-2 185 Suwanee, GA (Lambert)
Parker McCoy IF L-R 5-11 165 Marietta, GA (Walton)
Chase Murray OF L-R 6-1 170 Cincinnati, OH (Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy)
Jay Shadday LHP L-L 6-0 175 Rome, GA (Darlington)
Connor Thomas LHP L-L 5-10 150 Tift, GA (Tift County)
Taylor Trammell OF L-L 6-2 195 Powder Springs, GA (Mt Paran Christian)
Austin Wilhite IF R-R 5-9 155 Buford, GA (Buford)
Nick Wilhite OF L-L 5-9 160 Buford, GA (Buford)
Jay Wilson RHP L-R 6-4 205 Cincinnati, OH (Loveland)
Verbal Commitments - Class of 2016
buzz.jpg
Andy Archer RHP R-R 6-5 180 Duluth, GA (Wesleyan)