• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
1613847112911.png

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Great game. Mike, Jose, Moses, and Jordan pretty much got whatever they wanted. The role players played nice and we got some experience for the players we will need to step up next year.

But damn the reffing was so blatantly one sided. Guess they felt bad for miami.
What was that one call on Moses when he rebounded the ball and no one was near him? I think they called a foul, but he was by himself.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Miami sucked. We played well. Got at least a taste for Saba. Was hoping for more.

Good win - now it is time to see if we get the same NET bump that UNC and Duke did for similar wins

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Obviously with the state that miami is in this game isn't a huge win. However, how we won is big. No pressure, build confidence, get some rhythm. There have been times in years past where we've played to the level of our competition and I'm glad to not see much of that this year. After the rough start we've pretty much put away the teams we should put away.

What was that one call on Moses when he rebounded the ball and no one was near him? I think they called a foul, but he was by himself.

Called a pushoff but it was weak as anything like most of the fouls on us.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
only complaint is it would've been nice to work subs in earlier. Not talking about Saba et al, but would've been nice to get Kyle / Rodney more minutes with our primary crew. dunno how many minutes alvarado and others played, but whatever it is, probably 5-7 minutes too many.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
only complaint is it would've been nice to work subs in earlier. Not talking about Saba et al, but would've been nice to get Kyle / Rodney more minutes with our primary crew. dunno how many minutes alvarado and others played, but whatever it is, probably 5-7 minutes too many.

Not sure who you wanted to play more. We only really have Jose, Mike, Bubba, and Kyle at the guards with maxwell out. And while we could go something like Sturdivant, James, Moore, and the two bigs, doing so with 10 to 15 minutes left doesn't really accomplish much. We need for our back ups to get reps with legit line ups not just be out on the floor.

Nobody logged more than 30 minutes which I would say is real good for us. We had a nice long break before this and 3 days until our next game means there wasn't any real need to go super heavy on the minute conservation.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Not sure who you wanted to play more. We only really have Jose, Mike, Bubba, and Kyle at the guards with maxwell out. And while we could go something like Sturdivant, James, Moore, and the two bigs, doing so with 10 to 15 minutes left doesn't really accomplish much. We need for our back ups to get reps with legit line ups not just be out on the floor.

Nobody logged more than 30 minutes which I would say is real good for us. We had a nice long break before this and 3 days until our next game means there wasn't any real need to go super heavy on the minute conservation.
I only figured out how to watch in the second half (thanks to someone on here's great idea of using VPN) but at that point, we were up 30+ points and there was plenty of opportunity to have Kyle playing with the core crew. The main player I am worried about is Jose. He has played crazy heavy minutes all year.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
So this is what it feels like to play one of the bottom 5 teams. What a year it could have been with better scheduling.

The three games we've played against the bottom teams we handily beat Wake, blew out Miami, and were in control against Pitt for most of the game in our 3rd game in 5 days.

Hell our next game was against ND in the middle of their current run. Of course ND is the poster child for looking at what a schedule can do for perception as they started with a lot of the better teams and are currently in a run against some of the lower ones. But hey, that might be us in a couple weeks so I'm not going to dwell on that.