Georgia Tech Legacy

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
There is no reason for Tech Fans to be embarrassed to wear their colors in public. Georgia
Tech has one of the greatest football legacies in the nation. Other schools, including UGA would love to have the football history Georgia Tech has accumulated......

http://buzzpedia.lmc.gatech.edu/wiki/index.php/Georgia_Tech's_Golden_Tornado_(1917_-_1929)

GetImage.iaspx

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Heck of a history.

With all the changes in the football landscape (and all of sports), it'll be a hard if not impossible task to ever have anything similar in the future.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Are you selling these?

You can buy them here.....
http://www.prepsportswear.com/vinta...gia-Tech-Golden-Tornado.aspx?schoolid=2858214

I've tried my best to get GT licensing committee to license this company to use Tech's logos (Buzz, GT, etc.), but they won't do it. They claim they can't control what people put on their gear (another way of saying they don't trust the customer). But, 'Golden Tornado' does not have a copyright and Prepsportswear made available this Georgia Tech legacy name in their Vintage selection. They also have Georgia Tech Engineers. Their products are high quality and their customer service is excellent.

GetImage.iaspx

GTFan62

Jolly Good Fellow
Why would a true fan be ashamed of wearing their school colors? I wore mine GT shirt in Hawaii a few years ago on College Colors Day right before football season started.

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
Have we gotten to the point where it's OK to blatantly spam this website with any cheap, knockoff apparel you're selling? This stuff is even worse than Russell.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Blumpkin, you got it wrong son. First of all I'm not selling it. I have bought items from this company high school, military and college. The site allows you to have a part in creating your own gear. Their products are not 'cheap', they use high quality apparel from name brand companies, Russell included. They can't use GT logos (Buzz, overlay GT, the Ramblin' Wreck, etc) because the Georgia Tech licensing committee will not give them a license. Again, I do not get anything ($) from Prep Sportswear, but I have spent a couple of hundre $$$ on their products.

All, I was trying to do is make this market place available to other Tech fans. I think Tech should should have their name everywhere they can possibly get it out there. I believe one of the main reasons Tech has been buried in the market place in the state of Georgia is because they are so conservative with who can market their gear.

Let me emphasize this again I DON'T SELL PRODUCTS FOR THIS COMPANY!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Blumpkin, you got it wrong son. First of all I'm not selling it. I have bought items from this company high school, military and college. The site allows you to have a part in creating your own gear. Their products are not 'cheap', they use high quality apparel from name brand companies, Russell included. They can't use GT logos (Buzz, overlay GT, the Ramblin' Wreck, etc) because the Georgia Tech licensing committee will not give them a license. Again, I do not get anything ($) from Prep Sportswear, but I have spent a couple of hundre $$$ on their products.

All, I was trying to do is make this market place available to other Tech fans. I think Tech should should have their name everywhere they can possibly get it out there. I believe one of the main reasons Tech has been buried in the market place in the state of Georgia is because they are so conservative with who can market their gear.

Let me emphasize this again I DON'T SELL PRODUCTS FOR THIS COMPANY!
I'm surprised they can get away with writing "Georgia Tech" on apparel. Isn't that licensed as well?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
That pack of cigs is about same color as '08, which most of you hated. That and the slashes too of course.
Not really. Btw, those '08 uni's would have been nice if you just removed the pin striping, gold stripes on the shoulders and down the sides. Just leave them real traditional, plain white with the navy blue numerals with the gold outline.

CP7020.jpg

gtech-08-whitegold-toddkirkland-vert-620x775.jpg