Georgia Tech Injury Report

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
If Qua and Summers are really done, and Snoddy got hurt, too (haven't heard anything real yet), I wonder about some redshirts. MLD? QW (and give MM some AB time?), Philpott and/or Howell? Hmmm

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
We need skov at bback imo. We could move M Marshall to aback if necessary. And as others have said, other true frosh are available.

orange14

Jolly Good Fellow
Not that many true frosh are available. MLD, possibly Quaide, OJ.....the others were already hurt. Have a couple at WR possibly available - but don't know Philpot's health status. Howell is available.
After those - walk-ons.

orange14

Jolly Good Fellow
Is leggett still out?
Leggett is out for year. Haven't really heard that Philpot is back at WR. Quaide, I have been told, is good to go. ML Davis good to go. I think they moved OJ to DB - but that doesn't mean he could not be moved back.
The scary thing is this is only game 3. At the beginning of the season you would like at least 5-6 A Backs, at least 5-6 WR and at least 3 B-Backs. We are just about there still - but can hardly afford many more "out for the season" injuries. Ironically, A-back was pretty deep before all these injuries.
It would be especially bad to lose Snoddy. I think we will miss Qua big time - he was beginning to look like a big time player. Hopefully when he returns he can pick up where he left off.
Burden is an all-conference level player - obviously losing him would suck.
And of course, our most experience WR - not good.
However, it is time another of our 6-3 + WR are a move to be the next big time GT WR.

Matt E

GT Athlete
It's clear that Skov is the guy at BBack. I wonder If they would consider moving M Marshall out to A-back and having Allen back up Skov and give him a breather when needed. Q could be the emergency B Back like Leggett was last year if they want to preserve the redshirt. MLD I would assume would have to play unless they possibly move AJ Gray? I have no idea if that's a possibility but atleast you wouldn't be burning redshirts. He would be physical out there for sure

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Snoddy was limping very very strong after the game. Could barely walk. We are in trouble, this game was far worse than just a loss.

gtzulu

Georgia Tech Fan
To get the medical hardship after the 5th year, the rule states the R/S year must have been used on an injury.

Don't think that's true. Below is the NCAA Bylaws section pertaining to hardship waivers:

A student-athlete may be granted an additional year of competition by the conference or the Committee on Student-Athlete Reinstatement for reasons of "hardship." Hardship is defined as an incapacity resulting from an injury or illness that has occurred under all of the following conditions: (Revised: 1/10/92 effective 8/1/92, 1/14/97, 8/1/97, 4/26/01 effective 8/1/01, 11/1/01, 4/3/02, 8/8/02, 3/10/04, 5/11/05, 9/18/07, 11/1/07 effective 8/1/08, 4/24/08, 7/31/14)
(a) The incapacitating injury or illness occurs in one of the four seasons of intercollegiate competition at any two-year or four-year collegiate institutions or occurs after the first day of classes in the student-athlete's senior year in high school;
(b) The injury or illness occurs prior to the first competition of the second half of the playing season that concludes with the NCAA championship in that sport (see Bylaw 12.8.4.3.4) and results in incapacity to compete for the remainder of that playing season;
(c) In team sports, the injury or illness occurs when the student-athlete has not participated in more than three contests or dates of competition (whichever is applicable to that sport) or 30 percent (whichever number is greater) of the institution's scheduled or completed contests or dates of competition in his or her sport. Only scheduled or completed competition against outside participants during the playing season that concludes with the NCAA championship, or, if so designated, during the official NCAA championship playing season in that sport (e.g., spring baseball, fall soccer), shall be countable under this limitation in calculating both the number of contests or dates of competition in which the student-athlete has participated and the number of scheduled or completed contests or dates of competition during that season in the sport. Dates of competition that are exempted (e.g., alumni contests, foreign team in the United States) from the maximum permissible number of contests or dates of competition shall count toward the number of contests or dates in which the student-athlete has participated and the number of scheduled or completed contests or dates of competition in the season, except for scrimmages and exhibition contests that are specifically identified as such in the sport's Bylaw 17 playing and practice season regulations. Scrimmages and exhibition contests that are not exempted from the maximum permissible number of contests or dates of competition may be excluded from the calculation only if they are identified as such in the sport's Bylaw 17 playing and practice season regulations; and
(d) In individual sports, the injury or illness occurs when the student-athlete has not participated in more than three dates of competition or 30 percent (whichever number is greater) of the maximum permissible number of dates of competition as set forth in Bylaw 17 plus one date for a conference championship (e.g., gymnastics: 13+1=14, wrestling: 16+1=17), regardless of whether the team participates in the conference championship, provided the institution is a member of a conference and the conference holds a championship event in the applicable sport. Dates of competition that are exempted per Bylaw 17 (e.g., alumni contests, foreign team in the United States) from the maximum permissible number of dates of competition do not count toward the number of dates in which the student-athlete has participated.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
People were worried before the season started that we had so little experience at the skill positions. After strong showings in our first two games one of our first year starters gets hurt and now people think the sky is falling. I liked Qua's play making ability as much as anyone but he doesn't have much more experience that the next man up. And that's the silver lining in this situation, we recruited well now it's time to see it in action. Next man up!!

orange14

Jolly Good Fellow
People were worried before the season started that we had so little experience at the skill positions. After strong showings in our first two games one of our first year starters gets hurt and now people think the sky is falling. I liked Qua's play making ability as much as anyone but he doesn't have much more experience that the next man up. And that's the silver lining in this situation, we recruited well now it's time to see it in action. Next man up!!
really? how many "next men" do you think we have?
This is surely not the end of injuries - and it is only game 3!!!!!!!!!!!
The next "next man up" after this round, is likely to be a walk on!

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Don't think that's true. Below is the NCAA Bylaws section pertaining to hardship waivers:
So with that said and these injuries for Burden are this severe..he could get a medical hardship?
Isn't that what Erin joe applied for?

Qua will get one as well?n
I hope neither of the injuries is this bad, but I guess it is good to know what options we are faced with.