Georgia Tech at Virginia Tech, Tues, Feb 23, 7pm, RSN/ACCNX

gt24

Jolly Good Fellow
Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 4.31.47 PM.png

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
I’m checking out the links in here. I tried yesterday to see if I could get a game to come on but every link sends me to different windows and ends up trying to get me to create a profile or sends me to a gambling site. I’m trying on my phone. Is there something I need to specifically do to get it to work?
If you are using your phone and have a valid tv subscription, just download a free vpn app (VPN-Super Unlimited Proxy is the app that I use) and change your location to somewhere on the west coast like LA or Seattle. Those cities are out of market so the blackout rule does not apply. Once you get your location changed, you just go to the ESPN app and find the game and stream like normal because it is part of the ACCNX.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
If you are using your phone and have a valid tv subscription, just download a free vpn app (VPN-Super Unlimited Proxy is the app that I use) and change your location to somewhere on the west coast like LA or Seattle. Those cities are out of market so the blackout rule does not apply. Once you get your location changed, you just go to the ESPN app and find the game and stream like normal because it is part of the ACCNX.
Trying that now. Thanks! I’m not that tech savvy. I build trucks at GM. Doesn’t take a genius to do my line of work. Lol

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Ok. Downloaded it. Chose LA as my location. It’s showing VPN on the top of my phone. That mean I should be good to go?

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Ok. Downloaded it. Chose LA as my location. It’s showing VPN on the top of my phone. That mean I should be good to go?
Yeah you should be good. You should have gotten a "Connection Success" page in the app that shows the server and duration of the connection. It can time out after a while if you aren't actively using your phone. So just be sure to re-confirm that it's connected to the LA server before attempting to stream.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Yeah you should be good. You should have gotten a "Connection Success" page in the app that shows the server and duration of the connection. It can time out after a while if you aren't actively using your phone. So just be sure to re-confirm that it's connected to the LA server before attempting to stream.
Noticed that. Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Do I need to change anything with my watch espn app? It knows that my cable provider is Xfinity or does that not matter now with a VPN?

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
Can someone explain this to me. I have YoutubeTV, it's not on ACCNT. I can't use ESPN+ because it's blacked out. How is someone supposed to watch the game in Atlanta? Go to blacksburg? Don't understand the blackout here.
Join the party. It just me and the radio tonight like when I was a kid listening to the games. Nostalgic, but I'd really like to see this.

crut

Helluva Engineer
Can someone explain this to me. I have YoutubeTV, it's not on ACCNT. I can't use ESPN+ because it's blacked out. How is someone supposed to watch the game in Atlanta? Go to blacksburg? Don't understand the blackout here.
The battle between streaming services and Sinclair (Fox Sports) hasn't been resolved yet, so yes it's hard to watch. I recommend a stream from Reddit. Check here for links at game time. Use an ad-blocker.