Georgia Tech at Virginia, Jan 23, 8pm, ACC Network

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
also would have like to see the ball in Jose’s hands at the end. Maybe try to get fouled.
Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, we basically did that as we went with a pick and roll between Jose and Moses. The ball just ended up in Moses' hands. In the grand scheme of things, I have no problem with the play call given those two guys that are arguably most capable of making a shot or creating for others. UVA defended it perfectly, culminating with Huff's block of Moses with 38 sec to go. I was ok with that possession; just better defense.

Given our options or lack thereof during the remaining 6-7 seconds, with UVA having fouls to give, I was ok with Devoe's look. Not ideal, but it was open and makeable albeit off balance.

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
Love this team’s play - a helluva jump more than the first two games. Most everyone seems comfortable in their role. DeVoe can be SO frustrating, tho. He just seems out of sorts at time. If he had a jj reddick urgency to his off the ball movement, he’d get way more looks. He dribbled himself into trouble too many times. This team without Alvarado would be in BIG trouble. He and Usher will stick their noses into any scrum. Let’s use this and win next close one.

gt24

Jolly Good Fellow
Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 10.42.00 PM.png

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
On one hand, it's hard to be too mad when you play the best team in conference on the road and lose by 2 in a game that was almost even all across the board.

On the other hand we had what, an 11 point lead at one point? This was a huge opportunity at a marquee win that we let slip away. This loss wouldn't hurt quite so much without those two losses early and the feeling we need to make up for them.

Overall tough loss, but still have to be happy about the overall level of play from the team lately. Keep playing like this and we should have no issues making the NCAAT. Key stretch here though. With @Duke next followed by a bad matchup for us in FSU we need to play well to avoid a losing streak derailing some of the momentum we had been building.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Boat loads of praise for Georgia Tech and Coach Pastner on UVA forums if anybody has been following them tonight. They are not thrilled at the idea of running into us in the ACC Tournament.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
We beat Duke. K looks like his “back” is gonna be a problem with the way they’re playing. No fans to intimidate our guys or the refs. We win at Duke. As far as FSU, maybe with it being in ATL but man they look like a final 4 team. I think we finish no worse than 13-7 in the Acc, if we get those 3 games back in.

2 things I noticed tonite:
1) UVA is underrated
2) GT is also.... underrated!
We are a sweet 16 team!

GT05

Jolly Good Fellow
Biting my tongue because I don’t want to criticize college kids we recruit to be here. This is a tough team. I love this team. The development of a few really stand out.
We are going to be a tough out in acc tournament. Good game, should have won it.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
We need to win at Duke, But I agree with everybody, this team is good and can do deep into the tourney.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Big time. Lost 11 point lead with 6 minutes to go and had a good chance at the end. Just missed.

I'll take the heat for this loss. I have watched maybe 30 minutes of GT BB in the last 10 years. So I decided to flip on the game exactly at this point. When I saw we were up 11, I should have cut it off then but what did I decide to do? Watch it to the end. As a lifelong GT fan,I knew what was going to happen. The kid who was a xfer from Marquette (Hausner?)) single handedly beat us. He was on fire.

Just a question, our offensive sets weren't very creative in that last bit I saw (imo). I know Uva is noted as a defensive team but did they do things differently then vs. when we got the big lead?

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Great game. Disappointing last few minutes. We stopped moving the ball on offense and settled for jumpers. Gotta have more consistency from Devoe. We should be a tournament team, but I hope yet again that early losses don’t bite us in the ***.