Anderson
Price
Scott
Harpring
Bosh -more for his nba career then Tech but he was still nice his 1 year

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I'd go with

PG - Anderson. There are several good choices here but IMO Anderson is in a league of his own when it comes to pointguards here.
SG - Shumpert - There are probably better choice in a vacuum, but in the context of the team, I think Shumpert gives more than anyone else I could put here. Great defender, arguably best wing defender we've ever had, could pass, score when needed, rebound. Basically do it all. While there are certainly better scorers that could be put here, I don't really think this team needs more scoring.
SF - Scott. This is a no brainer. It is only a matter of where you want to put him.
PF- Harpring. Great scorer, great rebounder
C - Jones. Basically what was said about Shump applies here. Dude was a monsterous defender and really good rebounder.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
It’s too bad we didn’t get to see a healthy sophomore year for Glover. He would have put up silly numbers. Also I think a healthy Lammers would be in contention with Alvin and Luke. Luke was a better help defender than Alvin was.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Yvon Joseph should be on the list. Salley played PF until Joseph graduated. GT lost to Georgetown in NCAA Tournament but Yvon held his own against Patrick Ewing. Too bad Mark Price had a rare bad day shooting.
He had a really bad ankle sprain, that always screws up a shooter's shot.

BraveandBold

Georgia Tech Fan
I liked Lammers but he’s no better than the 6th bset center ever to play at Tech: Yunkus, Jim Caldwell, Yvonne Joseph, Salley, Malcolm Mackey, Alvin Jones, and Derrick Favors were all better.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
For those guys who don't know Rich Yunkus--'70-73. He was the most dominating bigman scorer in Tech history.Silkly smooth on the baseline shot ( 29 p/g) and at 6-10 he got his rebound share even though thin.Highlight was a unc/nc st sweep in which vs ucheat I think he got 47 pts and 14 rebs.
He would be above Favors /Sally/etc.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
So many good thoughts.
After thinking about this and all the names mentioned here would be my five.

Anderson - best ballhandler i've ever seen in person.
Price - one of the best shooters ever but much more than that. Absolute assassin on the court, he really hated to lose.
Harpring - One of the best all-around players we've ever had. Like Price an absolute incredible competitor. The standing ovation given to him by the crowd at the ACC Tourney his Sr year was one of the things i'll never forget.
Scott- The shooting competitions between him and Price would be something. His Jr yr was one of the best years by a GT player ever. Played alot of 4 that year.
Bosh - tougher kid then his build would suggest. Once said he realized his sr year of HS that rebounding was not about size, but about desire. Great all around big man and he could shoot.

To think of the list of kids left off is impressive
Salley, Darlrymple, Ferrell, Hammonds, Oliver, Forrest, Best, Marbury, Akins, Jones, Jack, Elder, Bynum, Schenscher, Geiger, Favors, Young, Crittenton, Shumpert, Okogie, Marcus-Hunt, Lammers.

Red,
Two comments
-KA was also the best LONG 2 handed college passer ever at Tech or maybe anywhere (except maybe Ernie D'gregerio)
-can not leave off Rich Yunkus, could score on ANYBODY (29 ppg)

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Another name I haven't seen--G-Roger Kaiser ,22 ppg in '60 (no 3 pt). The best player of first 40 yrs I think.also, Got us to our first NCAA game .

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
Shumpert in college or Shumpert in the NBA? College Shumpert thought he was an NBA PG, which he wasn't.

Also, that original listing of players seems to be geared towards NBA success, which might explain why Kenny wasn't listed.
And the NBA was dumb enough to draft Shumpert to play the point as well.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
A kid from Coney Island on Netflix is a decent documentary on Marbury, even if it does show his announcement of where he will play college ball.

Center - A. Jones
Forward - J. Salley
Forward - M. Harpring
Point Guard - M. Price
Shooting Guard - K. Anderson

1st Rotation

Center - J. Collier
Forward - T. Hammonds
Forward - D. Favors
Point Guard - T. Best
Shooting Guard - D. Scott