Georgia Tech (-3.5) @ Louisville

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Vegas likes us for some reason. Pretty sure we were favored in all of our games minus Clemson so far even with the recent road record.
they never really seem to know what to make of us. Last year they low balled us in almost every game and we were the last team to lose against the spread

Deleted member 2897

There are only 2 teams with a bye before us this year duke and vt and we have a bye before vt also.

Or are you suggesting that duke is going to get that bye every year for the forseable future

This is CPJs 11th year. We have 11 Byes. Our opponents have 22 before playing us. Total BS. Furthermore, Virginia is the only ACC team playing an FCS team (Liberty) on 11/10. Guess who they play 11/17? You can predict this crap every year. And in fact we did - they had Liberty set and we predicted they’d play us the next week. 1 in 13 chance. It’s amazing how many of those odds we hit.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
S & P Win percentages by game
GT @ Louisville 65%
Duke @ GT 45%
GT @ VT 30%
GT @ UNC 63%
Miami @ GT 28%
UVA @ GT 48%
GT @ UGA 9%

Close to Atomic ratings. Bottom line is 5 wins is most likely. I hope for 6 or 7 or 8, but only 2 are for sure. http://atomicfootball.com/archive/teams/tm_9.html

Until we beat a real team on the road, I have to assume we won't. L'Ville is beatable. VT on Thursday night is not. And UNC is beatable too but not expected if we can't be L'Ville on the road.

This week we are Georgia Tech, Syracuse, and FSU fans...........

Also VT fans. Anyone other than UGAg who beats ND gets my support.

Deleted member 2897

Close to Atomic ratings. Bottom line is 5 wins is most likely. I hope for 6 or 7 or 8, but only 2 are for sure. http://atomicfootball.com/archive/teams/tm_9.html

Until we beat a real team on the road, I have to assume we won't. L'Ville is beatable. VT on Thursday night is not. And UNC is beatable too but not expected if we can't be L'Ville on the road.

Also VT fans. Anyone other than UGAg who beats ND gets my support.

Well, we have a great record against VT lately...especially on the road. They haven’t beat us at their place since 2012, and that took Overtime. The 2 previous games before that at Virginia Tech were losses by 1 TD and by 1 FG. We have a winning record there over the last 10-15 years. Yet we struggle with Duke? LOL.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
This is CPJs 11th year. We have 11 Byes. Our opponents have 22 before playing us. Total BS. Furthermore, Virginia is the only ACC team playing an FCS team (Liberty) on 11/10. Guess who they play 11/17? You can predict this crap every year. And in fact we did - they had Liberty set and we predicted they’d play us the next week. 1 in 13 chance. It’s amazing how many of those odds we hit.

Well, EVERY team will play at least one team that has a bye before they play them.

As pointed out, both we and vt have a bye before playing each other.

Maybe we should have scheduled alcorn, bgsu or usf before uva. Don’t know how we are turning an opponent like uva (a team that has never won anything of significance in CFP) into such a giant of the gridiron.

Don’t see any others with a bye before playing us.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Good post, but I believe Liberty is now an FBS school.

Deleted member 2897

Well, EVERY team will play at least one team that has a bye before they play them.

As pointed out, both we and vt have a bye before playing each other.

Maybe we should have scheduled alcorn, bgsu or usf before uva. Don’t know how we are turning an opponent like uva (a team that has never won anything of significance in CFP) into such a giant of the gridiron.

Don’t see any others with a bye before playing us.

Why give ANYBODY an advantage? Why does Duke get a Bye before us this week? Why did 3 teams get one last year?

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
If I were a betting man, which I am. I'd take the over in this Friday night game. We can't stop slants and 1-5 yard passes. And they haven't seen a TO. Might see 75 points in this one

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
If I were a betting man, which I am. I'd take the over in this Friday night game. We can't stop slants and 1-5 yard passes. And they haven't seen a TO. Might see 75 points in this one
My thoughts as well. I think the D will need to make a late stop to pull this one off. I’m not sold on is losing to Louisville because they’re better, it’s more so being a Friday night road game. Weird **** happens in those games....

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
My thoughts as well. I think the D will need to make a late stop to pull this one off. I’m not sold on is losing to Louisville because they’re better, it’s more so being a Friday night road game. Weird **** happens in those games....

Exactly! You get 2 less days than you would on a week with a Saturday home game. Travel Thursday, game friday. Idk if our defense can turn a huge corner in between today and Thursday. 3 days of true practice and a game run through on Thursday morning/afternoon, before flying out. (Assuming they travel Thursday and not Friday morning)

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
If I were a betting man, which I am. I'd take the over in this Friday night game. We can't stop slants and 1-5 yard passes. And they haven't seen a TO. Might see 75 points in this one[/QUOTE

I won’t be confident in any game going forward. I might be optimistic, though not confident, for UNC and UVA games.